Sponsored Links

Vodafone & MVNO Related Posts

The Wee Bear

ULTIMATE Member
Please post all your Vodafone & MVNO posts in this thread.

1000007649.jpg

Was very impressed with Vodafone from Kilwinning Abbey this morning. Lebara 4G (y)

1000007648.jpg

1000007647.jpg

Went to investigate the Vodafone / O2 mast at the bottom of the town and someone has been messing with it quite a lot.

Here's the before and affter piccies.

5G indicator was on but no 5G.

Excuse the orange tint, but the sun was just popping up behind the horizon. :giggle:

Sponsored Links
Do Vodafone MVNOs still limit 5g speed?

Sponsored Links
But what's to stop these threads being removed? Genuine question, if we're doing something 'wrong' then it would be good to know what it is rather than run the risk of more useful posts being removed.

Sponsored Links
But what's to stop these threads being removed? Genuine question, if we're doing something 'wrong' then it would be good to know what it is rather than run the risk of more useful posts being removed.
I would imagine that abiding by the forum rules would be a good way to prevent these threads being removed. If people just use them to insult each other then I would expect these threads will likely be removed too. The forum moderator obviously wishes to preserve the reputation of his site, seems reasonable to me.

Has anyone seen the impact of B8 on Vodafone yet in terms of coverage? In theory it should be matching 3G's footprint but I am still not really seeing that in my own testing.

I've got B8 4g on Vodafone before. Signal was about the same as B20 as you'd expect.

On my own testing on Vodafone in areas with 3G still present, I often find the coverage from it very strong indeed especially indoors where 4G has given up but I have not found the same thing when band 8 4G is available.

I've got B8 4g on Vodafone before. Signal was about the same as B20 as you'd expect.
This is pretty much my experience of Band 8 4G as well, it seems to offer very similar signal as Band 20, but crucially provides that much needed capacity in congested areas!

Sponsored Links
Actually, to counter myself I can think of one case where B8 has made a difference on Vodafone, albeit outdoors.

There's a road near me which is weak on all operators even outdoors but Vodafone is now significantly stronger than the others because of band 8 5G.

View attachment 9597
View attachment 9596
Went to investigate the Vodafone / O2 mast at the bottom of the town and someone has been messing with it quite a lot.

Here's the before and affter piccies.

5G indicator was on but no 5G.

Excuse the orange tint, but the sun was just popping up behind the horizon. :giggle:
Looks like the exact setup Vodafone have here on rebuilt sites, the 5G was activated a few weeks later

Do Vodafone MVNOs still limit 5g speed?
Depends on the MVNO.

ASDA Mobile150MBPS MAX ON UNLIMITED5G ✅
Lebara150MBPS MAX5G ✅
TalkmobileFULL ACCESS5G ✅
VOXIFULL ACCESS5G ✅

Cheap BIG ISPs for 100Mbps+
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Gift: None
NOW UK ISP Logo
NOW £25.00
100Mbps
Virgin Media UK ISP Logo
Virgin Media £26.00
132Mbps
Vodafone UK ISP Logo
Vodafone £26.50 - 27.00
150Mbps
Plusnet UK ISP Logo
Plusnet £27.99
145Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Cheapest ISPs for 100Mbps+
Gigaclear UK ISP Logo
Gigaclear £17.00
200Mbps
Community Fibre UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
BeFibre UK ISP Logo
BeFibre £19.00
150Mbps
YouFibre UK ISP Logo
YouFibre £22.99
150Mbps
Hey! Broadband UK ISP Logo
150Mbps
Large Availability | View All
Sponsored Links
The Top 15 Category Tags
  1. FTTP (5709)
  2. BT (3563)
  3. Politics (2596)
  4. Openreach (2340)
  5. Business (2319)
  6. Building Digital UK (2274)
  7. FTTC (2060)
  8. Mobile Broadband (2038)
  9. Statistics (1827)
  10. 4G (1723)
  11. Virgin Media (1672)
  12. Ofcom Regulation (1491)
  13. Fibre Optic (1423)
  14. Wireless Internet (1416)
  15. FTTH (1383)
Sponsored

Copyright © 1999 to Present - ISPreview.co.uk - All Rights Reserved - Terms  ,  Privacy and Cookie Policy  ,  Links  ,  Website Rules