Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
The only Pro feature that's missing in the mini I want is the telephoto lens. I've always thought the ultra wide lens is useless since it doesn't have autofocus, and I rather have one lens than two with one I'm never going to use (if space is such a premium). Then Apple kinda vindicated me by swapping the ultra wide for telephoto lens in iPhone 15.
48MP main camera which can be used for 1x [48MP or 24MP or 12MP] and 2x [12MP] and 12MP ultrawide...

The non-Pro 15 series still does not have an actual zoom/telephoto lens...

platinumaqua

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2021
48MP main camera which can be used for 1x [48MP or 24MP or 12MP] and 2x [12MP] and 12MP ultrawide...

The non-Pro 15 series still does not have an actual zoom/telephoto lens...
You're right! My mistake. I stopped paying full attention to the specs ever since they decided to not do any more minis.

platinumaqua

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2021
As the other poster said, when you're now more used than ever to doing *everything* on the phone regardless of whether that is a good idea or not, then it's usually the case that when someone picks up a larger phone they have like a 'scales falling from eyes' moment.

Even I as a love of mini phones can't use the phones I used to love because making a 2020's phone usefully information-dense just requires more real estate than the 2010's equivalent were capable of utilising. But I do draw the lines at huge-ass Max's and similar.
The problem is designers opting for a lot of padding and excessively large elements that reduces information density. I feel like despite the screen size increases, we're not getting more information displayed compared to the 4 inch iPhones on iOS 6 and earlier (fixed resolution content like videos and pictures not withstanding)

valinda

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2015
Virginia Beach, VA
Yesterday I took the SIM card out of my 13 pro and put it into my samsung s23 ultra. That lasted for a day. I put the sim back into the 13 pro. The size is so much better in my back pocket.

Reactions: landonalder
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.