Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
So the 15 Pro is already big I think that’s why it sticks out my pocket someone was able to pick pocket me. I seen the rumours for the 16 Pro. Let’s get it straight that iPhone will stick out most peoples jeans pockets. I guess the larger model already does for some people? And now the watch series ten will be bigger? I use it at work so don’t want forced into a larger screen. With foldables they are get larger until the iPhone is effectively a folding iPad?

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
Because there’s no where to go.
First make them thinner and thinner then make them thicker and thicker then make them thinner and thinner.
Then make them smaller then bigger then smaller then bigger.

Each new model needs to be different than the last -so this is how they’re doing it.
Sir Jony Ive was quoted saying that some times he’d show up to work and be terrified because he didn’t have a single idea of what to do next.

Sooooo now we’ve got products that get thinner then thicker, bigger then smaller etc. forever.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
^^^Second this.

@gadget123 I wear Dickies carpenter shorts and jeans (depending on the season). I have the 11 Pro Max and it fits just fine in my pockets. Sometimes it can even get a bit sideways.

I'm not a large person. And my pockets are normal.

But, I don't wear suits, I don't wear skinny jeans, and I don't wear dress pants. That's neither my lifestyle, nor has it ever been required for the work I do.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
iPod touch 5/6/7 is about the size of iPhone 5/5c/5s/SE 2016
iPhone 6/6s/7/8/SE 2020/SE 2022 is bigger than iPhone 5/5c/5s/SE 2016

I initially thought that iPhone 12 Pro/13 Pro/14 Pro/15 Pro is around the size of iPhone 6/6s/7/8/SE 2020/SE 2022 but after having these devices in front of my eyes, the size order from smallest to biggest:
  • iPod touch 5/6/7
  • iPhone 6/6s/7/8/SE 2020/SE 2022
  • iPhone 12 Pro/13 Pro/14 Pro/15 Pro
Without owning an iPhone 12 mini/13 mini, I'm thinking that the size is an in-between of iPhone 5/5c/5s/SE 2016 and iPhone 6/6s/7/8/SE 2020/SE 2022

With a bigger device, because of physics, you will have a bigger display and a bigger space for a higher capacity battery... And because of social networking sites and video streaming, smartphones are getting bigger and bigger...

After using an iPhone 14 Pro Max for more than a year, I decided to ditch the bigger battery for a smaller version and easier to handle smartphone... I went with iPhone 13 Pro [pre-owned] and although it is still a bit heavy although not as heavy as the Pro Max counterparts, I still find the 6.1" Pro heavier than the iPhone 6s that I have with me...

Reactions: Dylan33x

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
iPod touch 5/6/7 is about the size of iPhone 5/5c/5s/SE 2016
iPhone 6/6s/7/8/SE 2020/SE 2022 is bigger than iPhone 5/5c/5s/SE 2016

I initially thought that iPhone 12 Pro/13 Pro/14 Pro/15 Pro is around the size of iPhone 6/6s/7/8/SE 2020/SE 2022 but after having these devices in front of my eyes, the size order from smallest to biggest:
  • iPod touch 5/6/7
  • iPhone 6/6s/7/8/SE 2020/SE 2022
  • iPhone 12 Pro/13 Pro/14 Pro/15 Pro
Without owning an iPhone 12 mini/13 mini, I'm thinking that the size is an in-between of iPhone 5/5c/5s/SE 2016 and iPhone 6/6s/7/8/SE 2020/SE 2022

With a bigger device, because of physics, you will have a bigger display and a bigger space for a higher capacity battery... And because of social networking sites and video streaming, smartphones are getting bigger and bigger...

After using an iPhone 14 Pro Max for more than a year, I decided to ditch the bigger battery for a smaller version and easier to handle smartphone... I went with iPhone 13 Pro [pre-owned] and although it is still a bit heavy although not as heavy as the Pro Max counterparts, I still find the 6.1" Pro heavier than the iPhone 6s that I have with me...
Yes I hear alot of people try the Max and go back to the smaller one. I believe the standard Pro sells better than than Max am I right?

Blaidd

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2024
I’d say the 15 pro is perfectly sized.

It’s a lot smaller than most android handsets on the market ?

coffeemilktea

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2022
Do people not put them in there pockets? I have tried the Max but isn’t size an issue? Or do people use handbags or bags ect?
I wear chinos and slacks for work, and my Pro Max fits just fine in the front/side pockets. If you put your phone in your back pocket, I could see it being an issue, but it fits completely fine in the front, at least for me, and I'm not a particularly large person.

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2022
iPhone mini was a disaster, people want larger screens and longer battery life with better cameras. I use a 13 PM, never going to tiny iPhones. Apple may try Mini at some point, but it makes no economic sense to try.
Pro Max is apples best selling phone. I put my PM in pockets. Unless the pockets are small or wearing a skinny jeans, it shouldn’t be an issue.

ebika

macrumors 6502a
Nov 17, 2008
Chicago
Let’s get it straight that iPhone will stick out most peoples jeans pockets.
Source? Do you wear skinny or artsy jeans with small pockets?

I don't have an issue with my iPhone 14 Pro in my girl jeans (nor does my sister as far as I know), and I've heard guy jeans have even bigger pockets?

I'm with you that I'm fine if they keep the height and width dimensions like they are now. I find the Max to be too big for my needs. I prefer the Pro. The mini was too small for my tastes.

Reactions: BugeyeSTI

TracerAnalog

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2012
So the 15 Pro is already big I think that’s why it sticks out my pocket someone was able to pick pocket me. I seen the rumours for the 16 Pro. Let’s get it straight that iPhone will stick out most peoples jeans pockets. I guess the larger model already does for some people? And now the watch series ten will be bigger? I use it at work so don’t want forced into a larger screen. With foldables they are get larger until the iPhone is effectively a folding iPad?
Screens can be as big as practically possible for me. With an emphasis on practical. So bring it on.

Reactions: TechnoMonk

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Source? Do you wear skinny or artsy jeans with small pockets?

I don't have an issue with my iPhone 14 Pro in my girl jeans (nor does my sister as far as I know), and I've heard guy jeans have even bigger pockets?

I'm with you that I'm fine if they keep the height and width dimensions like they are now. I find the Max to be too big for my needs. I prefer the Pro. The mini was too small for my tastes.
Well I wear formal black trousers to work and it sticks out yes. Less so in some jeans. Dust is also an issue being in my pocket.

TechnoMonk

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2022
Well I wear formal black trousers to work and it sticks out yes. Less so in some jeans. Dust is also an issue being in my pocket.
Dust irrespective of the size of the phone depends on what’s making your pocket dusty. Unless you throw around the phone in the duat, and put it back in the pocket. I never had issue with my PM sticking out from formal pants or jeans or shorts. I have seen folks put a clip on formal pants/belt.

Sippincider

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2020
I'm in the service industry. We use iPhones on belt clips, and the current SE is already past the practical size limit for us. They're always getting caught on stuff!

Needless to say, iPhones the size of the current iPad mini in 1-2 years will be a non-starter.

Reactions: lpc2

G5isAlive

Contributor
Aug 28, 2003
Do people not put them in there pockets? I have tried the Max but isn’t size an issue? Or do people use handbags or bags ect?

I have zero issues with my iPhone 15 pro max in fitting deep down in all my trousers... if anyone tried to pick my pocket I would tell them to at least buy me dinner first. If your phone isn't fitting in your pockets you might look for a different manufacturer of pants.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.