Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
I'm on season 2 of Sound! Euphonium.
2011090100242_l.jpg

Good slice of life drama about high school kids. It's a welcomed change from the super powered teenagers anime.😁

Anyhow, this anime was the first time I heard of an instrument called a euphonium. The first time I one of the characters play that instrument, I was struck by how beautiful it sounds.🥰 I have never like the sound of brass instruments as they're usually harsh and obnoxiously loud *cough* trumpets😝*cough* The euphonium sounds velvety and smooth, super soothing.

I think the cello is the best sounding musical instrument; heavily biased because I played that in junior high.🤗 The euphonium comes a close second.

Reactions: decafjava

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
Prime video has digitally remastered all 10 seasons of JAG and have them included with Prime. There are a few commercials but not many. Almost finished with S1 and I had forgotten how good this series is. Meg and Harm were a great team in that first season but am looking forward to Mac showing up in S2. If you like military type shows this is a great series to watch.. One of my all time favorites!!!

oldBCguy

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2021
Burnaby, BC, Canada
For us (two well-seasoned seniors), watching Gavin & Stacy (which we have done several times, since I purchased the dvd collection of the series), has always been such a fun and enjoyable experience. This British romantic situation comedy, is chocked full of romantic situations, comedies, interesting / entertaining locations, and such a grouping of wonderful characters. The dvd collection included the entire series: Season One and Two, and the later Christmas Special & Season Three.

The writers / program creators were Ruth Jones and James Cordon. And in the series, Ruth played ‘Nessa’ (Stacey’s friend), and James played ‘Smithy’ (Gavin’s friend). What a phenomenal pair!!

The interactive play between England & Wales (‘English & Welsh’), amongst all characters and situations, was so well portrayed. The family situations were priceless!!

For us, Gavin & Stacey are once again, on the menu for another viewing.

unnamed-3.jpg
unnamed-2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: ThunderSkunk

Ledsteplin

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2013
Florence, AL
I've seen and read the various negative reviews of this show and there's a constant theme which is sadly ridiculous and eh political.
1. The term "woke" is clearly used by those that do not know what the term means.
2. The number of women and social "roles" compared to men is laughable to these reviewers.
3. The ethnic makeup lol the universe is very big and diverse and that's just devastates some reviewers world.
4. They should look up the meaning of the word acolyte.

I enjoy the series. View attachment 2389223

I've been watching this as well. Liking it so far.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
I’m rewatching Warehouse 13. If you like campy SciFi/Fantasy, put it on your list. The cast has great chemistry and there are plenty of lols and one-line zingers. It was on before The Librarians but similar in premise - a rag tag bunch of talented misfits try to recover magical artifacts before they kill people or destroy the world. Good, fun show.

Chuckeee

macrumors 68020
Aug 18, 2023
Southern California
I’m rewatching Warehouse 13. If you like campy SciFi/Fantasy, put it on your list. The cast has great chemistry and there are plenty of lols and one-line zingers. It was on before The Librarians but similar in premise - a rag tag bunch of talented misfits try to recover magical artifacts before they kill people or destroy the world. Good, fun show.
I thought it lost its charm after the first 3 or 4 episodes.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
the-cast-of-the-bear-on-fx-with-jeremy-allen-white-in-the-center.jpg

Really enjoying season three; the sound design & music, the pacing (both of the individual episodes & the season overall), the dialogue, the cinematography, all of it...!

Finished season three this past weekend. What a great freaking show and man way to leave us on a cliff hanger! Can't wait for season four now!!! Bring it on!!! By the way "F-you cousin..!" :D:D

Reactions: Chuckeee

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
a rag tag bunch of talented misfits try to recover magical artifacts before they kill people or destroy the world
That's funny, when I saw it I remember thinking, this is a little like the Misfits of Science show I liked when I was 8 (but after a quick lookup on youtube, a LOT better, wow). I enjoyed Warehouse & Eureka both but wished that either I was about 20 years younger seeing them as a kid, or that they were written slightly more adult. In both shows, the addition of the teenage girl uber-mensch was a funny wrench to throw in the gears, if not hard to sit through sometimes, but I just have to accept that the target audience is predominately kids. Still preferable than The Studio Execs only other idea about sci-fi, that if it's for adults it all has to be dark dystopian power struggles between idiots with guns.

Reactions: Chuckeee

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I really liked Warehouse 13. Was sad when it was cancelled.

NYCValkyrie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 1, 2019
That's funny, when I saw it I remember thinking, this is a little like the Misfits of Science show I liked when I was 8 (but after a quick lookup on youtube, a LOT better, wow). I enjoyed Warehouse & Eureka both but wished that either I was about 20 years younger seeing them as a kid, or that they were written slightly more adult. In both shows, the addition of the teenage girl uber-mensch was a funny wrench to throw in the gears, if not hard to sit through sometimes, but I just have to accept that the target audience is predominately kids. Still preferable than The Studio Execs only other idea about sci-fi, that if it's for adults it all has to be dark dystopian power struggles between idiots with guns.

Pretty sure the recovering alcoholic and his double entendre/sexual innuendo one-liners aren't for the kids. lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.