Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
At the very core of it all is horrible writing. Unless fire in space and stone buildings bursting into flames makes sense to you then the show might be made for you.
I think I stated in a later post that reply was for a very specific group of reviewers.
The other stuff, yeah but it's a pre slab Disney show but still mildly entertains.
Star Wars is done and finished. All the other stuff related to Star Wars are just hanger ons.
Some things just can't be franchised and that's good :D

AL2TEACH

macrumors 65816
Feb 17, 2007
North Las Vegas, NV.
But The Mandolorain, Andor and Ahsoka were good. So Disney can do it successfully.
Haven't bothered to look at Andor and did Ahsoka end? Mandolorain was entertaining. Never bothered to see the other stuff. Really hoping The Acolyte doesn't have a season 2 but if it does I'm sure I will take a peek at it, lol.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
seriously I can't watch McElhenney explain how relegation and promotion work anymore.

That was one of the things I found so interesting, the complex rules which govern relegation and promotion. Very glad they kept repeating it so I could get the concepts through my thick skull.

• Haha
Reactions: pachyderm

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
That was one of the things I found so interesting, the complex rules which govern relegation and promotion. Very glad they kept repeating it so I could get the concepts through my thick skull.
Yeah, if you are not familiar with the game and how it works, I can see how it would be helpful.

But it is like any other "reality show" or podcast to me... so much meh!

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
But The Mandolorain, Andor and Ahsoka were good. So Disney can do it successfully.
First 2 seasons were good for The Mandolorian, don't think it faired all that well after that. I have not watched Andor yet, but being it is done by the same guy who did Rogue One, the only good Star Wars movie since Return of the Jedi, it is not surprising that show is good. Ahsoka was more of the same bad writing.

Last edited:

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Haha, then the rumors was right - that Sörenstam was teaching Grogu some swings 😂

Looking forward to see what that little guy will be up to now with his 'father' though.

Otherwise, I’m enjoying the start of the 2nd season of House of the Dragon.

Last edited:

GrumpyCoder

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2016
Started to rewatch Jericho (2006). Only seen it once when it originally aired. Four episodes in so far. I remember I really liked the first season and the second went downhill fast. But it’s been about 18 years, so I could be wrong. Will try to finish it in the next two weeks or so.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
heartland.jpg
Canada's longest-running TV drama (waiting on season 18 to drop). I love the scenery and of course, the horses. It's definitely a "wholesome family drama" with a healthy side of cheese, but light-hearted and entertaining.

SalisburySam

macrumors 6502a
May 19, 2019
Salisbury, North Carolina
Finished the one and only season of Darby and Joan really enjoying it. Season 2 has been teased but gone nowhere. Also just started the third and final season of Harrow and absolutely love it. Not unlike any other medical examiner/coroner TV series (think Bones, Quincy, Forever also with Ioan Gruffudd, Crossing Jordan, even iZombie, Body of Proof, and Rizzoli & Isles), but very enjoyable nonetheless. On the downside I find the daughter character, Fern, colossally annoying, but likely that’s just me.

Last edited:

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
Finished the one and only season of Darby and Joan really enjoying it. Season 2 has been teased but gone nowhere. Also just started the third and final season of Harrow and absolutely love it. Not unlike any other medical examiner/coroner TV series (think Bones, Quincy, Forever also with Ioan Griffudd, Crossing Jordan, even iZombie, Body of Proof, and Rizzoli & Isles), but very enjoyable nonetheless. On the downside I find the daughter character, Fern, colossally annoying, but likely that’s just me.

One could try the "Mystery Road" series (two films, "Mystery Road" and "Goldstone" and the TV series "Mystery Road") starring Aaron Pedersen.

Reactions: SalisburySam

scorpio vega

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2023
Raleigh, NC
What is the language like? For taste reasons we prefer to avoid profanity for the sake of profanity (cf Netflix version of Three Body Problem).
It’s not terrible but there is profanity. Nothing terribly bad. But a lot of the show is set in south London with young adult characters. I only watched the first two episodes and I heard an f bomb and b word and the s word.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.