Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
Flea Bottom, King's Landing
I highly doubt that Godzilla is one being if there's 73 movies done with 'this actor'.
Over how many years?
I am no expert on these beings and how old they can become whatsoever though.
But from speculations, it might sound like it's a lineage of partly big strong female apes, and we might also assume that there's some possibly larger male Godzilla's somewhere along the lines too, if they share something with how smaller monkeys procreate themselves.
The original Godzilla was killed by a weapon called the oxygen destroyer.

Every subsequent Godzilla has been a different animal--sometime reptilian, sometime amphibious. My guess is there's a hotbed of mutant animals that fight it out Highlander style. That would explain why only one Godzilla appears at a time.

• Haha
Reactions: Lioness~

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
I just watch Der Untergang last night.
DOWNFALL+US.jpg

Wow. Just, wow. I always read that Hitler was extremely charismatic, but having a visual of when he turns on the charm hits like a freight train. Good gawd, a leader with that level of charisma could talk me into crawling over broken glass with my fly unzipped. It's a Dr. Jekyll/Mr Hyde.😲 The way he berates his high ranking officials stands in stark contrast to how his treats his personal staff. He never once yelled at his secretaries or his personal adjunct Gunsche.

I've been wanting to watch this movie ever since I saw all the Hitler rants on YouTube. My favorite rant is the one he rails against all the Hitler Rant Parodies on YouTube.😁

VitoBotta

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2020
Espoo, Finland
I am re-watching the whole Alien franchise in chronological order so I have watched so far

- Alien vs Predator
- Alien vs Predator: Requiem
- Prometheus
- Alien: Covenant

Next up is the best of them all, the original Alien movie

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Spoiler

(2022)- This is not quite as good as the first, because of a plot choice, Turak Makto does not rally Pandora against the invaders at the start who come in force, and though gorilla action loses the fight, runs away for a while, learns the way of water and has a second showdown with you know who. Neyteri becomes a killing machine. Technically this is a cutting edge movie with an amazing blend of graphics, visual blends of live action and photorealistic GCI and a good story. Avatar 3 due in 2025. It’s a gotta see. 🤗 One thing about CGI characters, the story tellers have complete control of their ages. :)

IMG_3248.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Chuckeee and Queen6

Pezimak

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2021
IMG_0179.jpeg

I give it a 6, maybe 7, they are far too grown up, changed the characters like Tagart and Tagart wasn't Tagart till the last 15 minutes. Rosewood isn't really in it till the last 30 minutes or less, and we really didn't need the forced race woke lines, they came across as a box ticking exercise...

But the stunts are seriously impressive. However to me it didn't have the magic of the old films, felt like something was missing, maybe to do with the actors looking like 80 odd year olds? Even Kevin Bacon looked old lol.

Their is a scene in the hotel late at night, Axel approached the desk started acting a character with his funny story for a free room, then simply says 'f*** it I'm too tired, have you got any spare rooms?' That pretty much summed the film up sadly. The music is from the 80's, the characters aren't.

EDIT: I should say it would have been a lot better it if had Axel Tagart and Rosewood in it together a lot more like the old films, but Murphy looks like the only one young enough, just, to do the action scenes, and even then it's obvious from the camera angles he isn't doing them. I need to watch it again maybe.

Last edited:

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
View attachment 2394290

I give it a 6, maybe 7, they are far too grown up, changed the characters like Tagart and Tagart wasn't Tagart till the last 15 minutes. Rosewood isn't really in it till the last 30 minutes or less, and we really didn't need the forced race woke lines, they came across as a box ticking exercise...
The music is from the 80's, the characters aren't.

EDIT: I should say it would have been a lot better it if had Axel Tagart and Rosewood in it together a lot more like the old films, but Murphy looks like the only one young enough, just, to do the action scenes, and even then, it's obvious from the camera angles he isn't doing them. I need to watch it again maybe.

I could only stand about 25 minutes of this one...

This was a huge turn off back then as it is now...

Reactions: Chuckeee

Mousse

macrumors 68040
Apr 7, 2008
I watch Elysium last night
Elysium.jpg

Hey, big name star, a well crafted universe, good premise, really good CGI and the director of District 9😍. It has to be a home run. Or not.
It started out great, then it turn into a typical action movie.😒 It could have been a great film if it had a more believable ending and/or character growth (characters are 1 dimensional😣) and/or a good script.

GrumpyCoder

macrumors 68020
Nov 15, 2016
111436957.jpg

Didn't expect anything, feared for the worst. Ended up to be a positive surprise. 80s music + popcorn action is all it needed to work. Not as good as 1+2, I'm not going to mention 3.

Reactions: JBGoode

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Elysium.jpg

Hey, big name star, a well crafted universe, good premise, really good CGI and the director of District 9😍. It has to be a home run. Or not.
It started out great, then it turn into a typical action movie.😒 It could have been a great film if it had a more believable ending and/or character growth (characters are 1 dimensional😣) and/or a good script.
yup

splifingate

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Elysium.jpg

Though lacking a bit of Soul, I found this quite enjoyable.

Matt Damon "could not be better" (as most of us have seen), but He did the best he could :)

Always pleases me to see Jodie in a Bad Girl role <smile>

Reactions: Pezimak

splifingate

macrumors 68000
Nov 27, 2013
ATL
Watched "Out of Darkness" yester, and I was thrown-into a satisfying loop.

Must-watch; I'll throw no spoilers ;)

Being Single takes a little-bit of the fun out of things like this . . . sometimes, a guy just needs a woman's (or 'other', if you are so inclined) arm to hold :)

• Wow
Reactions: pachyderm

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
Elysium.jpg

Also watch the other film on the poster - "District 9".

1720226175077.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.