Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
You do know that Godzilla is the actor with the most movies of any actor -- over 73 at last count.
He She didn't fit into the auditorium...

Edited to add -- Godzilla has had at least one baby, so he is a she.
I highly doubt that Godzilla is one being if there's 73 movies done with 'this actor'.
Over how many years?
I am no expert on these beings and how old they can become whatsoever though.
But from speculations, it might sound like it's a lineage of partly big strong female apes, and we might also assume that there's some possibly larger male Godzilla's somewhere along the lines too, if they share something with how smaller monkeys procreate themselves.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
I highly doubt that Godzilla is one being if there's 73 movies done with 'this actor'.
Over how many years?
I am no expert on these beings and how old they can become whatsoever though.
But from speculations, it might sound like it's a lineage of partly big strong female apes, and we might also assume that there's some possibly larger male Godzilla's somewhere along the lines too, if they share something with how smaller monkeys procreate themselves.

Godzilla has been making movies for over 70 years.
Also, I suspect that you are mixing up Godzilla (large reptile person) with Kong (large ape person).
Reptiles and amphibia can, when provided with a dearth of suitable partners, exhibit parthenogenesis, or having a baby all by themselves. Kong, being a mammal, doesn't have that facility.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Godzilla has been making movies for over 70 years.
Also, I suspect that you are mixing up Godzilla (large reptile person) with Kong (large ape person).
Reptiles and amphibia can, when provided with a dearth of suitable partners, exhibit parthenogenesis, or having a baby all by themselves. Kong, being a mammal, doesn't have that facility.
Haha, I might, and I don't plan to enhance my expertice in this field whatsoever, unless I start to see them outside my windows or something similar. For beings that only plays outs as entertainment I leave it as just that. It actually wouldn't surprice if the movie business will come up with an hybrid between the 2 spieces in future entertainment either.

Queen6

macrumors G4
The Empty Man (2020)
1719210138705.png

One of the last if not the last film produced by 20th Century Fox before being bought by the the Evil Empire. Empty Man is a very underrated cosmic horror that presents a suspenseful tale that unravels before you...

Based on graphic novels, of which I have no experience. Empty Man is a blend of philosophies, myths, cults, & classic horror tropes. A slow burner that's well worth a watch with interesting twists & turns...

Q-6

Reactions: pachyderm

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
The Martian (2015)
View attachment 2391958
FWIW Commander Lewis has great taste in music, you just need to dial it up to eleven...:)

Q-6
The author who wrote the book The Martian Andy Weir, has a moving coming out next year I think, or possibly 2026. Really good book called Project Hail Mary. I liked it. more than The Martian and hope the movie is a faithful adaptation.

Reactions: Chuckeee and Queen6

Queen6

macrumors G4
The Mountain of the Cannable God (1978)
1719331284944.png

1719331384893.png

Surprisingly good, not one for the kiddies as the R rating barely covers it... Make no bones about it this is most definitely a B movie so balance your expectations accordingly :) Is a very strange film, I have no idea why Ursula Andress signed up got this one. End of the day it entertains and Ursula is, well you need to watch...

Q-6

Last edited:

oldBCguy

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2021
Burnaby, BC, Canada
.. Forsaken ... viewed last Sunday ... memories ... a second look back at the only film Keifer (son) and Donald (Father) Sutherland made together - back in 2015. Far from one of the best western movies ever made, but a wonderful opportunity to see the two of them in a movie together.

unnamed-2.jpg

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020

I found it quite entertaining. Lots of intelligent and/or witty conversation, some violence (it is a war film, after all...), no profanity. It reminded me of the classic war film of the 1960's.

It says it is based on history. Having read the book, I can say that it bumps into historical fact on occasions, but is otherwise fantastical.

Still worth watching, though.

DaveFromCampbelltown

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2020
I found it quite entertaining. Lots of intelligent and/or witty conversation, some violence (it is a war film, after all...), no profanity. It reminded me of the classic war film of the 1960's.

It says it is based on history. Having read the book, I can say that it bumps into historical fact on occasions, but is otherwise fantastical.

Still worth watching, though.

Another film, based on the same book, although it was made before the book was written, is "Heroes of Telemark".
Although, while the real team was all Norwegian, the film had some British characters. In reality, though, they (the SOE, Winston's Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare) decided that if they sent any non-Norwegians to blow up the Heavy Water Plant, they would be shot as spies if caught.

Edited to add...
The bombs used by the Telemark crew were Limpet mines designed by an eccentric inventor who made Britain's first double-decker caravan.

Reactions: Queen6

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Wife and I have binged a bunch of classics recently:

Casablanca
The Maltese Falcon
It Happened One Night
Rear Window
Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House
North by Northwest
Gone With the Wind

TBH, they don't make 'em like that any more.

Update: We just finished Sling Blade w Billy Bob Thornton last night.

Last edited:

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I saw Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire and then I figured I could see Godzilla Minus One too.

Such crap and waste of time, but it was a bit funny actually. Godzilla and Kong was a bit newer and maybe a little better.
I haven’t watched anything like that before. At least not in any mature age.
Next time I take a guided tour to hollow Earth instead. Maybe MacRumors will arrange that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.