Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
seems to me that Sonoma was fun, fast and light on both my M1 macbook air and mac mini.
but i just felt uncomfortable using terminal to perform a task i could easily execute in System Pref Monterey.
Ventura was the downfall of  since the preferences were iOS than OS. (intended for iPads than computers)
so i downgraded to Monterey and will stay away form any new OS and A1 since this is the path of  for now on.

• Love
Reactions: CasualFanboy

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
Reboot daily? No freakin' way. Sonoma truly is the worst OS in human history if that is needed to keep it running. I go many, many weeks without rebooting. I will **NEVER** upgrade to Sonoma given its horrible reputation. Pure, unmitigated filth. That's Tim Cook's Apple.

I miss the days of Snow Leopard.
We all miss Snow Leopard!
when i had a macbook air from 2010, i would just reinstall snow leopard just for the fun into
after the osx launched for the first time.
that was the best OSx as Mountain Lion was a step up UI wise, but not as responsive.

• Love
Reactions: CasualFanboy

lukethemore

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2019
Milano (Italy)
My personal experience:

- I'm on Mac (desktop + laptop) since Lion on Mac Pro 1.1
- I use web / music / video Apps (Panic Apps / Logic Pro / Final Cut Pro)
- I use some external devices (USB audio cards, USB keyboards, network QNAP, etc.)

Never had a problem ... never fought against Mac OS.

I always waited for the x.2 / x.3 version of Mac OS ... never upgraded from previous gen to the newest gen ... always installed the new Mac OS starting from the empty HDD / SDD.

Sonoma is the latest: I bought an used Mac Studio M1 Max ... created the boot USB stick, installed ... everything was ok.

Same thing for my MacBook Pro (with an "old" i5) ...

Maybe I'm lucky ? Maybe I use my Macs in a "simple way" ?

Sciuriware

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2014
Gelderland
My personal experience:

- I'm on Mac (desktop + laptop) since Lion on Mac Pro 1.1
- I use web / music / video Apps (Panic Apps / Logic Pro / Final Cut Pro)
- I use some external devices (USB audio cards, USB keyboards, network QNAP, etc.)

Never had a problem ... never fought against Mac OS.

I always waited for the x.2 / x.3 version of Mac OS ... never upgraded from previous gen to the newest gen ... always installed the new Mac OS starting from the empty HDD / SDD.

Sonoma is the latest: I bought an used Mac Studio M1 Max ... created the boot USB stick, installed ... everything was ok.

Same thing for my MacBook Pro (with an "old" i5) ...

Maybe I'm lucky ? Maybe I use my Macs in a "simple way" ?
Lucky? I bet yours is the story of thousands. But, those will not complain here that they are lucky.
So, thanks for something positive.
Btw.: it could be my story as well, but I never installed on empty: I just upgraded.
;JOOP!

Reactions: rehkram
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.