Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
At least for me: the Control Panel Widgets lives their own life. During night or without a reason in the middle of the day - the widgets reorient and/or removes partially.

No visible respring, no physical restart of the phone during night (as I had no ask for sim card pin) and no info in Battery info.

The same is done when phone is restarted by user or hard restarted or language is switched - but it was told in this thread already.

Reactions: adrianlondon

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
To my understanding all the AI features are rolling out in beta this September
Wrong thread but I’ll address here (and mods can move to Speculation thread if desired): No, I don’t believe that is correct. When released to the public “this Fall” Apple Intelligence will be listed as “in beta”, but not in the sense as the betas we normally deal with it will simply be a tag to warn users that it’s not fully complete.

The very rough timeline (per Gurman and post WWDC interviews by Apple execs) seems to be:

-most Apple Intelligence stuff: betas this summer and released in September as “Beta” (capital “B” beta)
-Mail AI features and Siri ChatGPT integration: betas this fall and released at some point in 2024 (probably 18.1 or 18.2)
-Siri App interaction capabilities: earlyish2025 (likely in 18.4 in late March)

Reactions: addamas

Brachaci

Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
Slovakia
It would be nice if Mail stopped putting certain regular newsletter mails in Junk after I'd already dragged some from there into my inbox.

I'm not sure how the Junk system works, but it seems it's run by Siri: in other words it's incapable of learning.
I feel your pain. Me as well can't understand why some newsletters are being from time to time moved to junk, despite they are being usually delivered to the inbox. Really wondering how the new mail app is going to be

Reactions: adrianlondon

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Seems like the Mail team still doesn’t see the privacy issue of just dumping you into the next read or unread email after moving or deleting an email. After all this time there’s still no option to just return to your Inbox list. I can’t believe people at Apple think it’s normal to immediately open another unread email after you delete or move the email you’re in.

FB10280669
Another reason to not dump you into the next unopened email- that email could be spam or have something malicious in it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.