Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Intelmaster

macrumors member
Dec 8, 2015
There’s a border on hover that shouldn’t be there.

View attachment 2394808
I had this bug and 2 other bugs that no one has mentioned in the Thread here.

The 1st one: I was not able to reduce the volume on the iPad with the buttons on the side or the slider in the Control Center.. The slider worked visually. but when i closed and reopen the slider, the volume level was on the setting like before. I always resets...

The 2nd one: Normally, if u slide down from the home button, the search bar appears and you can enter anything.. For me, the keyboard never appeared.....

The FIX for these 2 issues is simple: Restart the iPad.

iGeneo

macrumors demi-god
Jul 3, 2010
Maybe it's just me.. but I have a reminders widget on the lockscreen, can't seem to edit the widget to choose which list I want there. Seemingly broken in latest beta.

* There was an iOS17 bug where you could not change the list displayed if you had the bold text option enabled in accessibility. (it is not enabled in my case)

Edit: 07/08/24 - Resolved in iOS Beta 3

Last edited:

Neolenas

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2018
Spain
Hello everyone. Every morning after charge my iPhone have this bug. Its fixed when i reboot the iPhone.

Attachments

• IMG_2948.png
    IMG_2948.png
    765.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_2949.png
    IMG_2949.png
    780.1 KB · Views: 30

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Hello everyone. Every morning after charge my iPhone have this bug. Its fixed when i reboot the iPhone.
This bug, and the temporary fix, has been posted so many times. Please try and read the thread before posting.

Rather than rebooting your phone, simply switch to large icons and then switch back to small icons and it’ll be fixed.

muntundombe

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2022
This bug, and the temporary fix, has been posted so many times. Please try and read the thread before posting.

Rather than rebooting your phone, simply switch to large icons and then switch back to small icons and it’ll be fixed.

With my iPhone 13 Pro Max or iPad Pro 11" 3rd Gen., this trick does not work. Il have to force restart both devices.

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Seems like the Mail team still doesn’t see the privacy issue of just dumping you into the next read or unread email after moving or deleting an email. After all this time there’s still no option to just return to your Inbox list. I can’t believe people at Apple think it’s normal to immediately open another unread email after you delete or move the email you’re in.

FB10280669

Last edited:

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
For above post (not quoting due to Tapa issues)..:I’ve never heard of this as a concern from people.

Can you give an example of where you as the owner of the mailbox would not want the next email to open?

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
For above post (not quoting due to Tapa issues)..:I’ve never heard of this as a concern from people.

Can you give an example of where you as the owner of the mailbox would not want the next email to open?
I might have 4 emails from a coworker in my Inbox and 1 from another, and if I’m reading the one email from the 1 coworker and delete it. I don’t want the other coworker to have a read receipt sent.

Also, it’s just my personal preference to NOT have some emails marked as read until I’m going to do whatever it is I’m going to do with them. So, let me leave them marked as new and not just put me in another one.

If you’ve ever been on a crowded train and wanted to read an email with just some ads or maybe just a couple basic lines of text, but then archive or move it, and then you’re immediately put into an email from someone with your medical information in it front and center, and the person on the train next to you can see it? That’s not cool.

Again, seems like a company like Apple that boasts about privacy would have “return to list” as the default option, not that there wouldn’t even be an option at all.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: adrianlondon

contacos

macrumors 603
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin

if it’s spam, it can send back home that the mail has been opened and your email address gets marked as active which makes you interesting for even more spam

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
I think I have this, not sure if it was a bug or my rough fingers.
That’s usually how I approach things like this. My brain always blames me first!

I’m going to go ahead and report this issue. I’ve noticed it too many times for it to be simply mistouching the target area.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains

Mix and Match. For some it isn’t. For me and others it is. I respond to emails based on current priority. Now if Mail could arrange it in that fluctuating fashion I would be open to this functionality being default. But it doesn’t. If it could it would likely be Siri deciding and that still would be so wrong.

upandown

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2017
Mix and Match. For some it isn’t. For me and others it is. I respond to emails based on current priority. Now if Mail could arrange it in that fluctuating fashion I would be open to this functionality being default. But it doesn’t. If it could it would likely be Siri deciding and that still would be so wrong.
It would be nice if Mail would actually send emails to Junk after I mark the previous email as spam.

James6s

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2015
Cumbria, UK
How are the new AI photo editing features? Or have they not been rolled out yet? I’m on iOS 17.6 b2 on my 15PM, I may update to 18 once the public beta drops.

Reactions: HuNay

HuNay

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2023
How are the new AI photo editing features? Or have they not been rolled out yet? I’m on iOS 17.6 b2 on my 15PM, I may update to 18 once the public beta drops.
To my understanding all the AI features are rolling out in beta this September

Reactions: James6s

Artesia

Suspended
Mar 30, 2024
God this Mail app bug is so infuriating, where Mail app gets stuck at checking for mail. I had to set fetch to manual because it would otherwise destroy my battery life by doing endless background process.

I hope beta 3 fixes this issue.

Reported to apple: FB14233536

IMG_0290.jpeg

Also heres a short video about this:

Last edited:
Reactions: adrianlondon

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
It would be nice if Mail would actually send emails to Junk after I mark the previous email as spam.
It would be nice if Mail stopped putting certain regular newsletter mails in Junk after I'd already dragged some from there into my inbox.

I'm not sure how the Junk system works, but it seems it's run by Siri: in other words it's incapable of learning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.