Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The 6.7-inch iPhone 14 and M2-based MacBook Air/Pro are the only interesting products on the list with the widest consumer appeal.

Reactions: Maigrais

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
Excited to see a top spec Mac Pro with Apple Silicon. I expect it to be an absolute monster.

Reactions: Ion-X
iPhone 4 didn’t have a sideways exclamation point screen hole. How does changing the notch to two holes make it any more like the iPhone 4? Your post doesn’t make sense.
I’m pretty sure it will resemble an iPhone 4. Maybe you should watch this video?

The last sentence was not necessary, but ok. Thank you for your input. Hope you have a great day. ❤️✌️

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
When I first saw that mini pro I was like, Apple is going to make a Raspberry Pi-powered classic mac?

Which, if they did, I wonder what OS version it would ship with?
MacOS 13. The 2021 MBP just barely had Monterey ready when it was released in fact they used some beta as 12.0 before it went public.

Reactions: nt5672

Cancelled
Jul 3, 2013
With M1 Pro/M1 Max production issues, I'm not expecting any customer deliveries until Dec. Unless you got your order within the first 5 mins, have fun waiting months. There are still buyers who have been waiting 4 months for their computers. Not add 4 additional products with the same chip :oops:
What production issues? TSMC’s N5P yields have been very good.

Reactions: gene731

Kylo83

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2020
It’s looking like a year with slight upgrades nothing groundbreaking, new iPad Pro’s with m2 what’s the point you can’t do anything on the m1 one it’s just for social media and YouTube iPadOS is terrible, the only interesting thing to me is the vr headset and that’s delayed

munpip214

macrumors 6502a
Feb 21, 2011
My guess is that Apple is focusing the next gen process towards iPhone first and then it will be M2 as a second priority. They can still release at the same time but with limited stock as previously. They could release any M1* products as it would be under a different process node and not directly competing in the fab. Plus it gives them more time to sell more MacBook Pro instead of other MacBooks available. I really hope that iMac Pro could release this spring but I guess we will see. Customizing MacBook Pro puts you out 5+ weeks so we will see

Reactions: amartinez1660

jz0309

Contributor
Sep 25, 2018
SoCal
With M1 Pro/M1 Max production issues, I'm not expecting any customer deliveries until Dec. Unless you got your order within the first 5 mins, have fun waiting months. There are still buyers who have been waiting 4 months for their computers. Not add 4 additional products with the same chip :oops:
What production issues?
Demand is outpacing supply, that were a true statement…

DHagan4755

macrumors 68020
Jul 18, 2002
Massachusetts
Anybody remember when Steve Jobs returned to Apple & immediately forced the company to focus on ONLY select products ?

And how that very-likely saved Apple !
It's really not much different now. It's not like Apple has a sprawling product line the likes of Dell, HP, Lenovo, etc. Those companies' product lines are confusing, redundant, or chaotic. Apple's is still pretty simple. For example, with Apple you can say MacBook Air or MacBook Pro. With HP, on the other hand, you'll be perfect with... ? A Pavilion 13, an Envy, a Spectre, perhaps the Aero? Or maybe a Dell Inspiron? Perhaps you would do best with a Latitude...or you could get away with an XPS. See what I mean?

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
It's looking like the higher-end iMac might be coming out later than anticipated.

Oh, so the new Mac mini won’t have an M2 but an M1 Pro/Max chip?? That breaks a bit my expectations. I was expecting a really lightweight, small Mac mini, but it’s true that, with a proper refrigeration, an M1 Pro/Max can be fitted into a Mac mini.

Also, 16GB as minimum memory on the M1 Pro/Max will be much better than having to pay for the upgrade from 8GB to 16GB in case of the M2 chip.

Robert Roxby

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2020
First time we've heard that new Macs may be fall rather than spring or WWDC. The must be the Covid / chip shortage delays coming into their own.

Hope my 2013 27-inch iMac can make it that long. It's making some very disagreeable noises.
We are in the same exact boat!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.