Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lemon Olive

Suspended
Nov 30, 2020
how can airpods or or apple tv or airtags be 0% chances?
Simple:

1. AirPods have only once been mentioned at an event: the original. Every iteration since: AirPods gen 2, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max...have all come via press release. Apple will spend precisely 0 seconds saying: "Here is a revised gen 3" at their event.

2. Apple TV is not being updated in any meaningful way any time soon. If anything I think you'll see it silently replaced with a newer chip at some point, simply because of economies of scale in chip production.

3. AirTags don't exist. Well they do, bu they're not a consumer product.

iOS Geek

macrumors 68000
Nov 7, 2017
2. Apple would not have quietly introduced their Find My network last week if they were ever planning to release AirTags, let alone a week later. It is abundantly clear now that AirTags are a simply an in-house product they made for developing the network.
I agree with this point. I was convinced that AirTags would end up being a thing, but once the Find My network was introduced...I became "not so" convinced. I wouldn't say AirTags are for sure NOT going to happen (maybe they WILL be a thing after all, who knows), but thanks to the Find My network release, I'm leaning towards "less likely" now.

anshuvorty

macrumors 68040
Sep 1, 2010
California, USA
Well then you're just not paying attention. iMacs are imminent. Nothing else though.
WWDC....iMacs, just like with the Mac Pro and iMac Pro, will be shown off at WWDC....

There is so little time between this event and WWDC, that I believe, to further incentivize devs to develop for AS Macs, they will show off the redesigned iMac at WWDC, not at this event. It will be a developer narrative like it was with the Mac Pro and iMac Pro before.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
The tagline is literally "Spring Loaded". So why wouldn't you expect it to be packed
Because the tagline was made up by some marketing people to gain interest. It has nothing to do with what will be announced at the event.
Remember when everyone freaked out because the September 2018 event title was “gather round,” and people thought it meant that there would be a round Apple Watch? Yeah, where is your round Apple Watch now?

davcole

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2017
New Apple TV please. They have to update it since there have been so many rumours and leaks and the current 4k model is from 2017.

Air Tags should be interesting to see if they're going to finally release them.

iMac refresh or re-design.

But let there be some product which is a complete surprise for all of us.
Updated Apple TV is what I need most!

Reactions: robotica

69Mustang

macrumors 604
Jan 7, 2014
In between a rock and a hard place
Question for those who are excited about AirTags: why the excitement?

It seems like the kind of innocuous afterthought tech that you impulse buy while in line for checkout. Like picking up one of those spare USB drives that sit near the counter at Best Buy, Target, Walmart, Microcenter, etc.

Not knocking the product category, just genuinely curious about the excitement surrounding something so mundane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.