Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
It it obvious that Apple would want to release all new hardware products before WWDC which would be as always, focused on software. I expect new iMac, Macbook Pro 16inch, iPads, AirTag, Apple TV with M1 and AirPods. 6 products, 10-15 minutes screen time for each one and 1,5h event in total. It should be loaded indeed.
Why is obvious that Apple would want to release all new hardware products before WWDC? Usually WWDC highlights the new software and hardware architectures that are upcoming later in the year. :)

From related 9to5Mac article

Apple spring event history​

Some Apple events are almost guaranteed to take place every year, including WWDC in June and the annual iPhone event in the fall. Most years, it’s also reasonable to expect a second fall event focused on the Mac. Last year, for example, we had three Apple events in three months: iPad and Apple Watch in September, iPhone 12 in October, and Apple Silicon Mac in November.

Spring events are harder to predict. Apple did not hold a spring event in 2020 due to the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, but it did announce a new iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard, and MacBook Air via press releases in March, followed by the second-generation iPhone SE via a press release in April.

In 2019, Apple held a Spring Event purely dedicated to its Services segment, with details on Apple News+, Apple Card, Apple TV+, and Apple Arcade. In March 2018, Apple invited everyone to Chicago, where it announced a new education-focused iPad.

oosamon

macrumors regular
May 6, 2013
That image for the event is pretty intense. Can't wait to see what they've got planned. Hopefully not Apple Mattress lol.
It would doubtless be the thinnest, bendy-est mattress ever. I won't buy if it has a notch. Oh, and it has to come with at least 120Hz pro motion.

Lounge vibes 05

macrumors 68040
May 30, 2016
It it obvious that Apple would want to release all new hardware products before WWDC which would be as always, focused on software. I expect new iMac, Macbook Pro 16inch, iPads, AirTag, Apple TV with M1 and AirPods. 6 products, 10-15 minutes screen time for each one and 1,5h event in total. It should be loaded indeed.
Apple hasn’t had an event that packed in years. All of that being released at once is extremely unlikely, especially with the chip shortage. Apple has released hardware at WWDC several times in the past.
Also, the ATV wouldn’t have an M1.
M specifically means Mac. I know this, because they used to have a processor called M that was specifically for motion processing. And yet, when they introduced the M1, they specifically called it a family of processors for the Mac.
The Apple TV second GEN had an A4, the third gen had an A5, the 4th gen had an A8, and the 5th gen has an A10x.
So logic dictates that the sixth generation will most likely have a processor from the A family.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
Pretty sure we are going to see the Apple Car, Apple Boat, Apple Personal Autonomous Drone, and the Apple Contact Lenses. Gene Munster says there will also be an Apple Television set. I am also hoping for an Apple Hot Chocolate Maker.

Wouldn’t that be something if Apple pulls out a Chris Gaines alter ego. Maybe called Elppa. Sort of like a backwards Lexus or Acura brand in that the direction is opposite of over-the-top luxury. Sub-$200 phones with less must-have-everything that would be good for early teenagers you’re trying to keep from burying their noses in the phone. A composite plastic case with inset glass (no case needed) that would absorb the energy of many a drop. A focus on function first, value second, and appearance a far fourth or fifth. Kind of like a toothbrush — who really cares what it looks like as long as it works well and for a long time. I know this is a near impossibility in today’s image-driven world where even Kias and Hyundais have abandoned a pursuit of value towards a pursuit of good looking/performing cars.

What are the odds!!!

Yeah none. :)

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
Spring Loaded = new 14.5 iOS release AND possibly 2 products
Don’t expect to Much and you won’t be disappointed

Reactions: opeter

Alan Wynn

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2017
Simple:
2. Apple TV is not being updated in any meaningful way any time soon. If anything I think you'll see it silently replaced with a newer chip at some point, simply because of economies of scale in chip production.
Not only was it upgraded, it is likely the first of two upgrades this year.
3. AirTags don't exist. Well they do, bu they're not a consumer product.
Care to re-evaluate your position? :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Unregistered 4U

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
Macrumors should come up with a point system for predicting Apple events. Everyone gets a bucket, then they can apply posts that they’ve made to get “credit” when they’re correct. Of course, others can pull up those posts that shows you’d once thought something raaaaather different. :)

Reactions: frumpywumpy

opiapr

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2010
Lehigh Valley, PA
Well then I think you're not paying attention.

1. The new iMac models are referenced in the macOS 11.3 beta, which usually indicates they will ship with that release. That release is imminent. And so are these iMacs.

2. Apple would not have quietly introduced their Find My network last week if they were ever planning to release AirTags, let alone a week later. It is abundantly clear now that AirTags are a simply an in-house product they made for developing the network. You don't need such a thing from Apple, there are plenty of identical offerings.
You were so passionate and so wrong on Airtags.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.