The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Learn more about our guidelines
Just so you know, What to Expect may make commissions on shopping links on this page.

Pregnancy Brain Moments — let’s have a laugh!

Share the most pregnancy brain thing you’ve done so far. I’ll start:

This morning, I cracked an egg straight into the garbage. Then a second. It wasn’t until the third that I realized something was off about my omelette prep…��

Like Love Hug Funny Sad Wow
10 Similar Discussions Found
275 Comments
Oldest First
M
MiriaiLei

haha that's too funny!! my biggest issue is I'm mixing up facts at work, so I have to make sure to write everything in my notebook. it's super chaotic right now, but it's working and luckily that's the worst of it so far!

Show 5 Previous Comments
M
MiriaiLei
@LovelyLadyDi,

same! I also have a notebook which I scribble my notes in. I make them different colors so I can find them easier 🤣

R
Round24U

My most recent one was yesterday in the shower. I was shaving my legs and was finishing up and all of sudden I couldn’t remember if I had shaved both my legs or just the one. Like I was finishing up my one leg and was pretty sure I had done the other leg and just could not remember. How does one forget that over the course of 2 minutes??

N0uterusN0opinion
@Round24U,

oh gosh I got out of the shower and was super proud of shaving everything needed from head to toe. Only to put on lotion and realize I missed my left leg! I cried a little that day.

justanothertallgirl
@Round24U,

Hahaaa I’m also guilty of this. I think my brain goes on autopilot and just gets completely turned around. Thankfully it’s usually just the thigh of one leg ��

Cookie1705
@Round24U,

hahaha I feel you, I had everything ready to shave my legs in the shower with me only to forget too shave. after I turned the shower off my husband said that was quick.. me being clueless was like what are you on about lol... yea I deff got back in the shower to actually shave after that 😂

N0uterusN0opinion

I just stop talking in the middle of a sentence. My husband will prompt me to finish and I’m always like, “oh I was talking??”

justanothertallgirl
@N0uterusN0opinion,

Bahahaa train of thought is so fleeting right now! I’ll often get hung up searching for the right word (yesterday it was “compromise” — not a hard one ��), husband will guess it only to go, “Are you going to finish the story?” Me: “I was telling a story??”

Love that you just stop ����

m
mama-jess5
@N0uterusN0opinion,

me!!! The other day I was looking for the word mailbox but my mind kept saying “microwave.” I also did a presentation and forgot the word for Easter �� I’ll be reading something and then catch myself just blankly staring at the page, no memory of what I was doing or what I read before

b
babyy1011

This morning I watched my husband put his bread into the toaster then a minute later I walked over and unplugged the toaster to put it away.. Somehow in those 60 seconds I completely forgot he was toasting bread!

justanothertallgirl
@babyy1011,

Hahaha this made me laugh ��

ShyMilez
@babyy1011,

this one have me crying laughinggggggg. 

x
xxgomesxx03
@babyy1011,

This is great! 

I walked into a bagel store and picked up my order to realize that they didn’t include cream cheese so I ask for a container of one, proceed to pay for it and then immediately walked right out the door. Once I got to the office I realize what I did and too embarrassed to go back so I sent one of my employees. 

rmarkel93

Omg, I was making my 7 year old breakfast the other day and also getting my dog some food, well I somehow put my dogs food bowl in front of my son and he was laughing hysterically and said “mom, this is dog food” I turned around so quickly in disbelief I just did that without a care and we both had a laugh. My dog was very confused

justanothertallgirl
@rmarkel93,

Lol I’m glad he’s at an age where he can both enjoy the laugh with you and also not accidentally eat it ��❤️

m
mamalyssa-

Yesterday morning I put on my thong underwear BACKWARDS and went about my day. I didn’t notice until I was using the bathroom at work and was too lazy to take everything off to turn them around. *comfy* LOL

Show 6 Previous Comments
m
mamalyssa-
@izadele,

hahaha! Squeaky clean lol

gcallan4

My biggest one was I was doing laundry. I took the dried clothes out of the drier. Then removed the lint and then opened the washer and that was as far as I made it lol

justanothertallgirl
@gcallan4,

Hahaaa a respectable start ������

d
dmanganagmailcom
@gcallan4,

That’s funny. I went to the laundry mat the other day and I forgot to start the washer. When I came back about 20 minutes later I was surprised my blankets weren’t washed.

katiebeth2022

I forgot the word “garage” lol I was trying to tell my husband we needed to park in the parking “garage” but couldn’t remember the word and just got really frustrated and called it a parking house ��

I think my biggest thing about pregnancy brain is forgetting words entirely hahaha

Show 4 Previous Comments
CutieBabe1234
@katiebeth2022,

it gets worse when u speak 2 languages :( my SO keeps telling me all the time finish the sentence and I’m like I did … he goes no u did not .. or sometimes I just finish it on Spanish! It’s so frustrating 

A
Aliciaen

I wore mismatched shoes to work 😬🙃

Show 9 Previous Comments
L
Lili805
@Aliciaen,

I wore my slippers to work! I had to go to target to buy shoes..

j
jessi-can

I was on my phone putting in an online order for dinner this evening and stopped, panicked, and said “where’s my phone? I can’t find it”

justanothertallgirl
@jessi-can,

Hahahaa okay this just made me laugh out loud. Why is it so easy to “lose” our phones when we’re holding them? ��