Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
Describing anything with more than one property as being “at the intersection of [two things].“ Nothing says you live in oversimplified bubble more effectively.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
I was about 13 when Valspeak got big. Moon Unit Zappa and Valley Girl and all that. My wife hates it, but I've always thought it was cool. She likes to mock me over it sometimes.
I didn’t hate it until I realized that the thing that annoyed me about some of the more effeminate guys I was stuck dating back then wasn’t that they had a feminine voice, it was that they were intentionally affecting a valley girl dialect and turning it up to ten. ugh

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I didn’t hate it until I realized that the thing that annoyed me about some of the more effeminate guys I was stuck dating back then wasn’t that they had a feminine voice, it was that they were intentionally affecting a valley girl dialect and turning it up to ten. ugh
My wife doesn't care for it because Valspeak tends to end statements tonally as if it's a question. If my wife is saying F-you to someone, she's not meaning it as a question!

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
“We are currently experiencing high levels of calls at the moment” ANY TIME OF DAY!! Agh!!!!

Reactions: rm5

rm5

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2022
United States
"I mean, like, you know …" is even worse ;)
"you dig?" used to be a thing back in the day - in simpler times …
I mean, like, you know, like, I was about to pull the trigger on a new computer, but I don't think I can afford one at this time. But it sounds like you'll be getting a new one, too, and I'll be so jelly.

Ya know, I really need this computer, cause I tried whatsapping my friends on my old computer, and the application didn't run, so that's a rip for realsies.

Irregardless, when I can buy my new laptop, I'll def be bringing it along with me on my staycation. So lawl.

Last edited:

VisceralRealist

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2023
Long Beach, California
I mean, like, you know, like, I was about to pull the trigger on a new computer, but I don't think I can afford one at this time. But it sounds like you'll be getting a new one, too, and I'll be so jelly.

Ya know, I really need this computer, cause I tried whatsapping my friends on my old computer, and the application didn't run, so that's a rip for realsies.

Irregardless, when I can buy my new laptop, I'll def be bringing it along with my on my staycation. So lawl.

You'll like that computer; that bad boy is a nice piece of kit and it'll soon be your daily driver. ;)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.