Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
The grape won for me!
Do enjoy.

Nevertheless, I will not deny that I was tempted to open a bottle of wine.

However, such was (is) my joy, - along with the knowledge that it will be a long night - I feared that I might run the risk of consuming the entire bottle.....rather than confining myself to a civilised two or three glasses of wine.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

steve123

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2007
Grapes and Grains for me this evening. Started with a Brewhouse Radler style "lite" beer. A refreshing Belgian style "fruity" beer with grapefruit tones. Quite refreshing after a hike through the Rocky Mountains. The grape accompanies our scallops for dinner, a 2021 San Marzano Primitivo is perched majestically on our table.

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Grapes and Grains for me this evening. Started with a Brewhouse Radler style "lite" beer. A refreshing Belgian style "fruity" beer with grapefruit tones. Quite refreshing after a hike through the Rocky Mountains. The grape accompanies our scallops for dinner, a 2021 San Marzano Primitivo is perched majestically on our table.
Enjoy.

My own beverages took the form of two splendid beers (Helles from Weihenstephaner) followed by a superlative Trappistes Rochefort 10, a legendary Belgian Trappist beer.

And now, I am sipping a mug of coffee, a blend of coffee from Colombia and from El Salvador, (of my own devising) served with organic hot milk.

And, although the morning sun is now greeting us with slanted rays of glorious goodness, the BBC is still on......

Reactions: steve123

Heindijs

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
Schermafbeelding 2024-07-18 om 23.17.05.png

Late last year I started my quest to try out every wine Aldi and Lidl have in their stores. Don't judge their price, wine is much much cheaper here in Europe compared to the US :) I also forgot to keep track of Lidl's prices and sometimes forgot to check the year, but all of them are vintage dated.

One of my favourites has been Valle del Itata, pretty odd wine from Chile which they simply can't get rid of at Aldi. Most of those bottles that are left are covered in a thick layer of dust and their website doesn't even show them as being in stock anymore, so I've been slowly buying them all up ;)

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
View attachment 2398122
Late last year I started my quest to try out every wine Aldi and Lidl have in their stores. Don't judge their price, wine is much much cheaper here in Europe compared to the US :) I also forgot to keep track of Lidl's prices and sometimes forgot to check the year, but all of them are vintage dated.

One of my favourites has been Valle del Itata, pretty odd wine from Chile which they simply can't get rid of at Aldi. Most of those bottles that are left are covered in a thick layer of dust and their website doesn't even show them as being in stock anymore, so I've been slowly buying them all up ;)
Some seriously good stuff, there.

Enjoyed a Trappistes Rochefort 10 - a Belgian Trappist classic beer - earlier tonight.

Reactions: Heindijs

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Cheese and my favourite wine! View attachment 2398556
Yum.

Ah: A magnificent Meursault - do enjoy.

Cold cuts, wine and cheese: What more can one ask?

I may have already written this, but I love, nay, absolutely adore Meursault, possibly my all time favourite wine.

Perhaps you could offer a tour of the cheeseboard (I think that I may recognise a slice of Comte, and perhaps, something akin to Maasdamer, but, off-hand, correct identification of the others eludes me): What are the respective cheeses - above all, I am intrigued by what appears to be a blue cheese?

Last edited:
Reactions: gigatoaster

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Sure! Indeed, it’s Comté. Then it’s Vaudois, a cheese from Switzerland, trying it for the first time. It’s a bit like Morbier but less powerful. Then, it’s Maasdam from the Netherlands. It’s a rather new cheese, I like its sweetness. Next are Gouda with truffles, which was the favourite of the evening and Tomme à l’ail de l’ours. And finally saucisson from around Lyon. It was delicious.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.