Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steve123

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2007
2019 Carrese from Italy is splendid as I await faceoff for Game 6 Oilers v. The Green Goblins. Go Oilers Go!

oldBCguy

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2021
Burnaby, BC, Canada
.. Portao Da Adega - Branco -- a "white port" wine from Adega on 45'th, a small, estate winery located in Osoyoos, BC. The wine was purchased in-person (by daughter) at the winery, and gifted my way after her return from a stay. In words from the winery (on the bottle) " .. a traditional Portugese style blend of Muscat & Gewurztraminer grapes and spirts .. " In my words, a unique, definitely new-to-me wine, and I feel fortunate to have been given the opportunity taste its flavours.

unnamed-6.jpg
unnamed-7.jpg

Reactions: Scepticalscribe

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
.. Portao Da Adega - Branco -- a "white port" wine from Adega on 45'th, a small, estate winery located in Osoyoos, BC. The wine was purchased in-person (by daughter) at the winery, and gifted my way after her return from a stay. In words from the winery (on the bottle) " .. a traditional Portugese style blend of Muscat & Gewurztraminer grapes and spirts .. " In my words, a unique, definitely new-to-me wine, and I feel fortunate to have been given the opportunity taste its flavours.

View attachment 2386291 View attachment 2386288
That looks, and sounds, (and reads as though it is) absolutely fascinating.

I had no idea that one could obtain white port outside of Portugal.

Do enjoy.

Reactions: oldBCguy

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just wow!!!!!!! So it’s very difficult to find apogée wines. Best is 5 to 6 years and these ones were absolutely flabbergasting. View attachment 2389214 View attachment 2389215 View attachment 2389216

With a huge seafood platter.
Wow.

I'm impressed and envious and salivating.

What a fantastic selection - two superb wines.

I look forward to tasting notes, and to reading your response to my question of which of those two exceptional and quite splendid wines you prefer (and why).

Do enjoy.

The seafood platter looks exceedingly appetising, as well.

Reactions: gigatoaster

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
Wow.

I'm impressed and envious and salivating.

What a fantastic selection - two superb wines.

I look forward to tasting notes, and to reading your response to my question of which of those two exceptional and quite splendid wines you prefer (and why).

Do enjoy.

The seafood platter looks exceedingly appetising, as well.
Ah! I asked guests which one they preferred and it was both! Typical vanilla notes and nuts. Really amazing and so lucky my local caviste had them. I live in south and here it’s mostly Rosé!

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Just wow!!!!!!! So it’s very difficult to find apogée wines. Best is 5 to 6 years and these ones were absolutely flabbergasting. View attachment 2389214 View attachment 2389215 View attachment 2389216

With a huge seafood platter.
They say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery:

Thus, I am at present sipping a glass of Chablis, (actually, a Chablis 1er Cru), an exquisitely elegant white wine from Burgundy, in France, a wine made exclusively from the Chardonnay grape.

Reactions: gigatoaster

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ah! I asked guests which one they preferred and it was both! Typical vanilla notes and nuts. Really amazing and so lucky my local caviste had them. I live in south and here it’s mostly Rosé!
Fantastic.

Fine, that was the stated (non-preference) of your guests, though I cannot, in all conscience, blame them for their clear inability to choose between those two superlative wines:

Now, which of those two superb and splendid wines did (or do) you prefer?

gigatoaster

macrumors 68000
Jul 22, 2018
France
The Puligny was more subtle, almost like a Grand Cru with that feeling of Plénitude.

The Chassagne had more strength so overall both were amazing in their own and respective taste. Overall I think the vintage makes the highest difference.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ordered some beers, (a selection from Weihenstephaner, in Bavaria, Germany, and some from Trappistes Rochefort, and St Bernardus, both legendary breweries from Belgium) from a local store (the proprietor and I are friends) and had them delivered to me today.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.