Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
The dark mode icons are gorgeous but the tinted icons look cheap and awful. Reminds me of those horrible jailbroken/android custom themes people make.

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
Nothing too crazy here. I was not feeling the look of tinted icons. I like the fact that larger icons get rid of the app name, but don’t like how they look larger in size.

IMG_6216.jpeg

IMG_6217.jpeg

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Don’t hate it but I wish you could opt-out certain widgets like the Photo Widget obvi looks awful with the tint.
Agreed. Hopefully Apple or the app widget developers can have an option to not tint color photos or the font color. Some of the widget fonts I can't even read unless a turn on dark mode as well.

AppleFanboy1984

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2019
Sweden
You think Apple also will add support to let us choose own icons?

Like: "Auto, Dark, Light, Tint or Import..." something like that.

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
You think Apple also will add support to let us choose own icons?

Like: "Auto, Dark, Light, Tint or Import..." something like that.

Don’t see that ever happening. The icons are intellectual property of the app owner. In most cases the icon is their logo. Allowing users to just swap it it because they want to will not be well accepted by the brand owners.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lutiher

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
I can seem to move my widget to the middle. How’d you do that?
Takes trial and error. Have to arrange your icons on the left and right first, creating an empty space 2 icons wide in the middle. Then when you add your 2x2 widget, it'll put it there. But you can't make changes after that. Just moving 1 normal icon can shift the widget back to the side. Hope they fix this in a later release, and make the home screen fully customizable. I've needed to rearrange my icons a few times, and end up having to start that process all over again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.