Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

hevaKmaI

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Reactions: redbeard331

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Still a little glitchy for me…when the other person starts typing while I’m typing, my keyboard shrinks…want it to default to WiFi automatically….still randomly flips from SMS to RCS on some texts.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Once you get RCS going on yur iphone, there is still a chance it only works with some of your Android friends. Apparently their Android messaging app must have RCS enabled in the settings. Some android phones and apps have RCS enabled by default, and some don't... 🤷‍♂️

GjCarlson

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2024
Actually, I think this is solely on Apple enabling it in iOS in a future beta. Carriers will already be supporting it their end due to other devices already using it. I would even bet that the carrier update in iOS 18 betas already have what’s needed
Someone said that carriers will need to have RCS enabled to allow Apple and Android users to communicate so I'm not sure what that means since Google Messages bypasses all carriers today. Maybe Apple RCS will not communicate directly with Google RCS Jibe and vice versa?

Ansath

macrumors demi-god
Jun 9, 2018
England
Someone said that carriers will need to have RCS enabled to allow Apple and Android users to communicate so I'm not sure what that means since Google Messages bypasses all carriers today. Maybe Apple RCS will not communicate directly with Google RCS Jibe and vice versa?
This latest beta has shown that Apple had to enable it with a beta release, if you see the posts and articles about B2 enabling it.

B2 enabled it to start with, then it seems some behind the scenes things then had to happen, over the first few days. Obviously there’s also the need for carriers to support RCS, I’ve nit dug into it, but not sure why some networks have it going and some don’t as yet.

Jkeith85

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2015
Mine works great. Already toggled. Shows read and shows when they’re typing.

Quasium

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2024
I just switched SIM card from my daily driving iPhone 12 Pro Max to iPhone 11 Pro with iOS 18 installed.

Trying to texted to Pixel 7. Looks like iOS 18 still trying to send SMS. RCS message probably won’t be enabled during Beta phase.

RCS you can!
People have managed to get RCS to work for Pixel Devices, Samsung doesn’t seem to work. That’s all I know

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.