Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
I'm so spoiled by sending pics/vids over wifi in iMessage. I have a friend on Android and getting the "message not delivered" every time i try to send a pic/vid is getting old (I have one bar at my house typically).

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Im on beta 2 - Theres a toggle for RCS messaging - was that in beta 1?
That was only available via backup modifications. The people who tested it said the protocol does not allow participants to leave RCS groups they haven‘t created, nor that you can add others if you aren‘t the group creator which led them to speculate it‘s disabled until they fix these issues.

Did you tweak your backup to unlock RCS?

If you can see it, what provider (it could be that it‘s only visible for providers that support it, like MMS messaging auto hides here if your carrier drops support)? Also to the people who can‘t see it, what‘s your provider so we can maybe compile a list of providers that support it.

ttam110

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2010
That was only available via backup modifications. The people who tested it said the protocol does not allow participants to leave RCS groups they haven‘t created, nor that you can add others if you aren‘t the group creator which led them to speculate it‘s disabled until they fix these issues.

Did you tweak your backup to unlock RCS?

If you can see it, what provider (it could be that it‘s only visible for providers that support it, like MMS messaging auto hides here if your carrier drops support)? Also to the people who can‘t see it, what‘s your provider so we can maybe compile a list of providers that support it.
i haven’t made any tweaks

I’m in the US, on ATT.

• Love
Reactions: TimFL1

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Anyone outside the US seeing it? There‘s an user on reddit who doesn‘t see the toggle but can send high quality images and voice memos (chat box still says SMS) to an Android RCS user. Anyone from germany able to verify?

as4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
I don’t think RCS is actually activated. As you can see, it says SMS instead of RCS

Attachments

• IMG_0171.jpeg
    IMG_0171.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 29

as4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2015
This is what you’re talking about right?

Attachments

• IMG_0173.jpeg
    IMG_0173.jpeg
    223.8 KB · Views: 47

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
I am in airplane mode with wifi turned on and text messages are being sent & received, so they are being delivered over data.

Still not seeing delivery receipts or typing indicators though.
Doesn‘t necessarily mean you‘re texting via RCS (SMS over Wifi exists).

MozMan68

macrumors 603
Jun 29, 2010
South Cackalacky
Yeah..could be that…and not seeing typing indications…thought I did, but test shows it is just popping up.

Confused that texts when one bar of cellular work fine as they should, but pics don’t go through even though on WiFi as well.

But WiFi only, everything flies. Why doesn’t it default to WiFi then or at least use it when cellular isn’t enough.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.