Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
I never have done a day 1 developer beta, I always wait for Public Beta.

Yesterday I decided to jump into DB and try my luck lol.

VERY stable!! Battery life today has been fantastic and all my apps work.

Tryou shocked at how great this is day 1.

xxFoxtail

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2015
NY
14 Pro fine too. I have some wonky animations here and there, that might be because limit frame rate is on, or it's just regular beta stuff. All of my regular apps still work perfectly. Battery life doesn't seem any worse.

If I'm remembering correctly, sometimes these summer betas get worse throughout the testing period - ex. apps that work fine now might have problems in beta 2 or 3.

shad0wf0rce

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2024
15 Pro Max. Works like a charm. Smooth. Just usual visual animation delays & bugs which is expected and which is totally acceptable for me. I am happy with it. Battery life is good as well.

Reactions: C7 POWER

bigjnyc

macrumors G3
Apr 10, 2008
15PM no issues so far... First 2 days battery life was crap, but that's to be expected with the new OS indexing and me poking around constantly with the new features.... 3rd day and today battery has been much better.

• Love

iBreatheApple

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
Florida
Agree. Haven’t been in the beta game since probably iOS 13 and have never seen a beta 1 so stable. Although I’m not a power user. Also never had my phone get hot or lose battery quickly, but I was patient and let it update in the middle of the night while sleeping.

I have seen multiple strange behaviors and bugs in control center, but other than that, absolutely nothing.

jschu22

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2008
I’ve had incredible results, honestly kinda does feel like a beta. That said I will not be surprised if B2 💩’s the bed more as is often the case. It’s almost as if they need bugs to remind us they are working on it still.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Only issue I saw was yesterday when I opened my wallet app and clicked on my Apple Card to make a payment, The card would not load the transactions or balance. I had to restart the wallet app 3 times before it came back up. Only time it did that.

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
Omg don't install BETA software on your MAIN DRIVER!!! Your phone will literally explode! /s

I'm patiently waiting for the public beta to install it. I haven't been this excited for an iOS release in years. Good to hear it's stable. Are your banking apps/vpn (if you have one) apps working? I remember having some issues with them on previous iOS betas.

C7 POWER

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Apr 10, 2015
Charlotte, NC
Omg don't install BETA software on your MAIN DRIVER!!! Your phone will literally explode! /s

I'm patiently waiting for the public beta to install it. I haven't been this excited for an iOS release in years. Good to hear it's stable. Are your banking apps/vpn (if you have one) apps working? I remember having some issues with them on previous iOS betas.
I have had it on my one and only 15 Pro Max since an hour after it was released, zero issues and very stable and great battery life. All my banking apps, and I will say EVERY app on my phone has worked flawless with this first Developer Beta

• Love
Reactions: T-Will and krspkbl

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
I have had it on my one and only 15 Pro Max since an hour after it was released, zero issues and very stable and great battery life. All my banking apps, and I will say EVERY app on my phone has worked flawless with this first Developer Beta
I was just having a joke about those people who like to tell people not to install betas on their phone lol. Seems like it's stable enough for those who only have one phone (most people) and my experience with betas is that they are largely stable and any bugs are minor (for the average user). The only apps I've had trouble with in the past are banking/VPN related.

As soon as I can install the beta I'll be doing it.

Thanks!!

• Love

T-Will

macrumors 65816
Sep 8, 2008
Working fine here (15 Pro Max). No noticeable major issues (just minor UI issues with Control Center and occasional Photos app UI weirdness and crashes). All apps I've used work fine.

• Love
Reactions: krspkbl

Stiille

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2024
Installed it less than an hour ago on my 13 Pro - it’s super stable, and also the battery seems to improved to iOS 17.5.1!!!
Maybe I just stay on beta one until September’s official release :)
Then I can be sure nothing else breaks :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.