Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

upandown

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2017
Those borderless buttons for plus and power look so off. It‘s also weird that you tap a plus button just to have another button with a plus that says „Add Controls“. They should have the same capsule style buttons at the top like you have when editing the home screen.
I agree. Control center to me looks off. It doesn’t flow from top to bottom, I think there’s multiple design languages occurring. Also, why is the screenshot of what’s playing so darn small in the media square. It looks very unfinished to me.

MrRom92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2021
Thank you it’s now back after 3-4 restarts on my 15pm 😭😭 finally because I don’t want to be nonchalant 😰

But I noticed the emojis got bigger 😥

View attachment 2395573
My emojis actually disappeared again. So it seems like this is a common and ongoing issue with B3. I don’t know what’s causing them to continually disappear and reappear but it sucks

HuNay

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2023
Short of turning iCloud Photos off then back on again, I can’t seem to get my phone to download originals from there … Which worked just fine on the first 2 betas. Not even letting me edit portraits.

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
i have this same issue where i cant customize apps and a restart doesnt fix

Stiille

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2024
Seems like that beta 3 has many bugs that weren’t previously present in beta 2. guess I stay at beta 2 for a while now.

Reactions: hovscorpion12

Icapy

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2024
Microbug with this latest beta. The orange dot signaling the active microphone remains on constantly so I imagine that the microphone remains active all the time. Besides, Siri no longer works at all with the "say Siri". It always works with the press of the side button. Do you have the same problem? (iPhone 14 pro max) EU Belgium.

Attachments

• IMG_3950.jpeg
    IMG_3950.jpeg
    141.3 KB · Views: 39

Icapy

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2024
Accesibility uiserver is listening forever and i cannot control volume, anyone else with this issue???
Yes, I have exactly the same problem. What deactivates "hey Siri" really annoying! I hope someone can solve this problem.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Microbug with this latest beta. The orange dot signaling the active microphone remains on constantly so I imagine that the microphone remains active all the time. Besides, Siri no longer works at all with the "say Siri". It always works with the press of the side button. Do you have the same problem? (iPhone 14 pro max) EU Belgium.
Accesibility uiserver is listening forever and i cannot control volume, anyone else with this issue???

This was happening to me because I had the new "Voice Commands" setting enabled in Accessibility. If you disable that feature it goes away, at least it did for me.

Reactions: kawa636r

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Loving that more icons are now doing Dark Mode. Just wish it was working more, but it's progress! Not bad considering I wasn't expecting it & thought it would be on Devs to sort out.
You mean system Dark Mode or Dark Customization Mode ?
For me no changes with system Dark Mode - indeed more with Dark Customization but icons are ugly so use dark mode + light customization

Edit: Anyways if someone have solid color black wallpaper set to Home Screen - Customization could not be opened, any other color or gradient works.
Reported as: FB14246527

Last edited:

timemaker27

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2024
Anyone else facing those problems?

UK account - Mac 18 beta 2, iPhone 18 beta 3

1. iPhone Mirroring not working.......I can see the new iPhone Mirroring app on my Mac but there is no option on iPhone AirPlay & Continuity → iPhone Mirroring. So, I am unable to connect.
2. Voice Memos app can transcribe the note when recorded in Voice Memos app but if I do a voice memo (which uses Voice Memo app) in Notes app - there is no way to transcribe it.

zbugrkx

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2020
Apologize if I missed it but i'm not finding how to get the whole home screen UI in dark mode but keep light icons.

Up until Beta 2 (similar behaviors to 17.5) you could have system dark mode (aka system settings, menus, apps) as well as home screen UI dark mode (dock and folders backgrounds) but keep light icons.

Since Beta 3. I've been trying some combinations but either everything goes super dark or light but I cannot seem to get the dock + home screen folders in dark mode while keeping icons in light mode.

Is that option fully gone now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.