Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
They “fixed” Translate App if downloaded OnDevice languages.

Now user can finally remove old OnDevice packs (by swiping to left on language pack) then redownload them, sadly it’s not updated automatically.

Before redownloading translation takes ages or never work. After it’s very fast even with Local Mode.

Aliknos

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2015
Both my Apple Watch and iPhone run the latest betas but the Apple Watch will not reconnect and communicate with my iPhone for some reason (tried restarting both devices multiple times). I believe the only thing left to do is unpair and pair again. Can I do this during the beta? Will I lose any of my health data etc.? I have iCloud backups available and everything my watch does is saved automatically on iCloud obviously. Any help is appreciated thank you!

MrRom92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2021
Now noticing that sending a link in messages using the share sheet shows the actual url in the text field, not the link preview card. Not sure if bug or deliberate change.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
Both my Apple Watch and iPhone run the latest betas but the Apple Watch will not reconnect and communicate with my iPhone for some reason (tried restarting both devices multiple times). I believe the only thing left to do is unpair and pair again. Can I do this during the beta? Will I lose any of my health data etc.? I have iCloud backups available and everything my watch does is saved automatically on iCloud obviously. Any help is appreciated thank you!
I believe you should be ok, provided you keep both devices on the beta (obviously, you have no choice with the Watch). All health data is stored in your phone's iCloud backup, so it should be restored to the watch when you re-pair it. But if you go back to iOS 17 on the phone, you won't be able to keep any data you've captured since you've been on iOS 18, since that data will only be in your iOS 18 backups, which iOS 17 can't read.

Reactions: Brachaci

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Something is new with the Control Center, either the background blur is different or the opacity of the platters. Can't quite put my finger on it.
The opacity seems to be different. Less transparent than before. Not liking it as much.

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
FYI... The Apple Store app also crashes when I try to open it. I did a hard restart, and I still have the issue.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
What happened to the multiple language keyboard? I have the little globe and have to switch back and forth again... did that go away in beta 2 and I just didnt notice? or did beta 3 get rid of it?
Went away for me in Beta 2 and still not returned. It was working like a charm in Beta 1. Hope they bring it back in beta 4.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Yes but that has been working since iOS 10 or something. They just added a little indicator on the space bar. I also use English / German and you just start typing in whatever language and it will pick it up and continues to suggest things in that language until you happen to start typing in the other language again.
After removing one of them, went to add it back and was given the option to add it to the existing keyboard. Very happy to have this back.

CrysisDeu

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2018
Looks the same for me…

Edit1:
However after I posted and seen photos there I see they moved top icons higher and decreased size of some text

Edit2: I see also different size of icons on the right - control center widgets screen page indicator
Looks like corner radius is a bit smaller?

Reactions: addamas

Jumpie

macrumors 68020
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
One thing I wish were implemented is when
you update your Homescreen, you can always revert back to a previous version. And if this does work, how do you do it?

Reactions: HuNay
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.