Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
It's been 2 weeks. I'm surprised the tapatalk devs haven't released a fix yet.
Even if they developed a fix, they can’t release it because it’s the iOS 18 API that apparently has caused it. Unless someone can tell me that they are still on a ios 17 build and its also doing it. Now it is possible that Apple may allow an “emergency“ fix, but i’m not going to count on that.

Reactions: Brachaci and iGeneo

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Even if they developed a fix, they can’t release it because it’s the iOS 18 API that apparently has caused it. Unless someone can tell me that they are still on a ios 17 build and its also doing it. Now it is possible that Apple may allow an “emergency“ fix, but i’m not going to count on that.
Definitely need to release it via TestFlight...

jazzzyJeff

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2024
Kinda praying it's on iOS 17 as well so they could actually release an update. Takes forever to scroll thru all the emojis and spot the actual comment.

addamas

macrumors 65816
Apr 20, 2016
Edit: Some good guys told later it’s caused by poster’s Tapatalk app

Is it only me? 🤣
AdGuard onboard, Macrumors paid.

Attachments

• IMG_4500.png
    IMG_4500.png
    586.5 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_4499.png
    IMG_4499.png
    455.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:

Paddle1

macrumors 601
May 1, 2013
Kinda praying it's on iOS 17 as well so they could actually release an update. Takes forever to scroll thru all the emojis and spot the actual comment.
It does. My workaround has been to temporarily block users that frequently post with Tapatalk so that I can manually expand their posts when needed.

Reactions: gwhizkids

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
No RCS toggle. Carrier is Google Fi, indicating to me that Apple is using the carrier's RCS implementations.

Since Fi doesn't play nice with iPhone, guess that means no RCS for me. Bummer.

TimFL1

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2017
Germany
Not sure if it’s working, but I can confirm there is a toggle for RCS
Country / carrier?
No RCS toggle. Carrier is Google Fi, indicating to me that Apple is using the carrier's RCS implementations.

Since Fi doesn't play nice with iPhone, guess that means no RCS for me. Bummer.
Yeah it‘s a bummer indeed that they don‘t provide their „own Jibe“ like service. Beta 1 leaked that they‘re opting for carrier hosted services (thankfully most have Jibe as their backend) already.

flexwithmarius

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2022
Settings > General > AirPlay & Continuity > iPhone Mirroring

Allows you to pick which Macs can use iPhone Mirroring

IMG_0040.jpeg IMG_0041.jpeg

Some notes:
- The first time you use it, you have to trust your Mac as if you were using old school iTunes sync
- Option to require password/Touch ID on Mac to access mirroring or “automatically authenticate”
- Click the home indicator to go back to the home screen (no need to click and drag to simulate a swipe up)
- No drag and drop file transfers (yet). This has been confirmed delayed by Apple
- iPhone remains locked while mirroring session is in progress. Unlocking iPhone terminates the session until relocked and Try Again is clicked on Mac

More screenshots:
Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 14.03.12.png Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 14.03.40.png Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 14.12.25.png Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 14.13.02.jpeg Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 14.12.08.png IMG_0042.jpeg

Long story short, if you’ve used Simulator in Xcode, this will feel very familiar with a few small tweaks.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.