Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
I think most of us don’t have high expectations 6 days before WWDC For 17.6 beta now? But that last 17.5 RC was four weeks ago. 17.5 three weeks ago, 17.5.1 two weeks ago. What a month just waiting for either to happen. ;)
Can you imagine, getting the revised 17.5.1 we had yesterday for the iPad 10? Or something along the lines…

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
I think most of us don’t have high expectations 6 days before WWDC For 17.6 beta now? But that last 17.5 RC was four weeks ago. 17.5 three weeks ago, 17.5.1 two weeks ago. What a month just waiting for either to happen. ;)
I'll tell you what, I'm not guinea pig testing an OS with AI baked in on my main devices on day 1. I'm at least going to wait to see what other people think first. But from the outside, it looks like Apple has rushed to get AI in iOS 18, I mean they didn't even finalize the OpenAI deal until last week.

xpxp2002

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2016
I'll tell you what, I'm not guinea pig testing an OS with AI baked in on my main devices on day 1. I'm at least going to wait to see what other people think first. But from the outside, it looks like Apple has rushed to get AI in iOS 18, I mean they didn't even finalize the OpenAI deal until last week.
Have to agree. Most of this "AI" stuff is just smoke and mirrors or rebadged existing functionality that only exists to engraciate Wall Street and appease CEOs who know nothing more than that they went to some conference and came back convinced that their company needs to start adding "AI" to everything their company does.

I could not care less about whatever "AI" functionality is coming with iOS 18. I don't need to use voice commands to delete an email or entrust a machine to "summarize" a webpage for me. All these rumored "AI-powered" new "features" are solutions in search of a problem.

Realityck

macrumors G4
Nov 9, 2015
Silicon Valley, CA
You already have some AI baked in already. Apple isn't going to mimic what Google android does or MS Windows. So this makes for a more interesting gradual transition on what can AI do that doesn't change the way a OS behaves or you have an accumulation of your data used as a basis to facilitate actions. :)

iLuddite

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2023
There’s really no compelling reason for iOS 17.6 is there? No new features coming, so why waste resources and focus on iOS 18!

It’s quite possible.
They’re being concurrently developed by distinct teams. We go over this, like, every year…

Reactions: JFLECHUGA

Abthevolfan92

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2022
a website in China is saying we are getting 17.5.2 to fix some kind of screen time vulnerability. Site could be fake news, haven't heard anything on this from Zollo or other major outlets

• Haha

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
a website in China is saying we are getting 17.5.2 to fix some kind of screen time vulnerability. Site could be fake news, haven't heard anything on this from Zollo or other major outlets

Why do you even look at sites like that? Are these crazy bug fix releases that important to you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.