Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LedRush

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2023
Very helpful, but I still can't get standby mode to work nor do I have the option to make live stickers (but, come on, was I really going to use that anyway?).

SouthBronx187

macrumors member
Nov 11, 2022
any news if they squashed ios 16 bugs: overheating/battery drain/stalled search/apps/phone app unresponsive during call in ios 17?

John_Apple

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2023
My photos app still shows "people & places" section instead of "People, Pets & Places".
Is this because the photos have. to reindex since the ios17 update, to see if there are pets present in any photos?

George1986

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2019
Romania
Question for the class! I have an iphone 14 pro 256 GB on the last ios 16 update. I'm getting the new iphone 15 pro 256 GB on Friday. Do I upgrade to ios 17, back everything up to icloud AND THEN trade in for iphone 15 pro?

OR

Do I just back everything up now on ios 16 and then let my iphone 15 pro download everything from (presumably) ios 17??

What's best? I feel like I'm damned if I do and damned if I don't as buggy as these ios releases have been..
You can’t restore an ios 16 backup to ios 17.

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Is there already a topic/post about what iOS 17 features require certain iPhone models?

sjsharksfan12

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2020
San Jose, CA
There are so many articles about IOS but barely any about the others. I would love to see some coverage on TVOS and Watch OS 10. TVOS actually had a major update and it was the most exciting of the Updates for me. The Watch everyone was saying was hard to get used to, but I already enjoy it, except for all the swiping when it comes to your Ring status's.

I'm hoping to not bash macrumors, but I would like to see some coverage on the other updates.

No one is even talking about Ipad OS. Do people still like Ipads because I do.

airwalk331

macrumors member
Mar 20, 2012
You can’t restore an ios 16 backup to ios 17.
Wait- ok, replace “restore” with “sync to iCloud”.

I stopped actually restoring years ago because every new iPhone I’d restore to would be buggy AF. So the Apple Store peeps told me to instead, sync my data to iCloud and then when I get the new iPhone to just log in to my iCloud and sync everything back down to the new iPhone. (Defeats most of the purpose of having that awesome restore feature but I guess that’s where Apple is these days…).

It doesn’t seem to solve my buggy iPhone issue every year and I end up replacing the phone 3-4 months into having “the most powerful iPhone yet”.

So back to my initial question… actually, now that I think about it… does it even matter if I upgrade to iOS 17 before syncing and pulling everything down?

humblecoder

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2010
Very helpful, but I still can't get standby mode to work nor do I have the option to make live stickers (but, come on, was I really going to use that anyway?).
Same here, standby not working. Proper region, iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 17, all appropriate toggles activated/deactivated. Simply doesn't work.

dynamicaljon

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
I can’t share an AirTag with my friend who is also running iOS 17:

Sharing Failed
This AirTag couldn't be shared due to an unexpected error. Please remove this person and try sharing this Air Tag again

We’ve tried restarting both our phones. Also tried phone numbers and other emails, too.

He can share his AirTag with me, but oddly it uses his iCloud email, not his Apple ID email.

Anyone else experiencing this?
I have the same exact issue between my wife and I - but I can share it with other people - tried removing her nickname, altering her email addresses to include her icloud email - nothing seems to work.

DEXTERITY

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2004
The old imessage was better. Too many steps now with the + feature. Was more efficient with the options visible on the bottom.

Darren.h

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2023
Someone please tell me why we owners of iPhone 8 Plus were able to download and run IOS 17 BETA??

BUT NOW WE ARE EXCLUDED FROM RUNNING THE RELEASED POLISHED VERSION OF IOS 17???

THIS REALLY SUCKS!! get our hopes up that iPhone 8 owners will be included in the IOS 17 upgrade!!

new level of trickery by APPLE.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.