Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
Someone on Reddit discovered a workaround for the issue of poor quality audio messages recorded via the Messages app:

Simply start recording a voice message as normal and then tap the red “stop” button to stop recording. Then tap the little timestamp to the left of the “stop” button and the recording will continue in perfect quality.

Can anyone upload a recording of such a "bad" voice message? I've never been able to reproduce it and I wonder what this sounds like. I cannot find a sample anywhere.

Reactions: DeadKlau5

chris4565

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2018
Hey guys,

I just deleted an app from my iPhone and then canceled the subscription in the popup that automatically came up after the app deletion. Now I went into the App Store and clicked on my profile pic and then I noticed that the list of recently updated apps (at the bottom) was completely gone. I quit + re-launched the App Store --> Still gone. Then I pulled down to refresh and 1 new update appeared. I downloaded + installed it and now it's in the list of recently updated apps.

So it seems like the list is re-populating with any future update now but I still don't understand why it got completely deleted in the first place. Anyone else also experienced this one time? Thanks!

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Purchased a pre-owned iPhone 13 Pro and is running iOS 17.0.3

Checked battery status using Coconut Battery and showing 100% battery health and 0 cycle count... Full charge is 3198mAh while design capacity is 3095mAh...

Should I update to iOS 17.5.1 or wait for iOS 17.6?

ras113

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2017
Can somebody explain to me how to upgrade with ipsw and dfu mode. I did this long time ago on iphone 7 or something but not sure now.

I did download on ipsw.me (is this okej?)

How to put it in dfu and do i install it through finder.

I have macbook and iphone 13 pro.

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
Purchased a pre-owned iPhone 13 Pro and is running iOS 17.0.3

Checked battery status using Coconut Battery and showing 100% battery health and 0 cycle count... Full charge is 3198mAh while design capacity is 3095mAh...

Should I update to iOS 17.5.1 or wait for iOS 17.6?
If its your daily driver go for the latest one (17.5.1), works fine on my 13 pro 256gb.
Always good to have the latest security updates on your device.

ras113

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2017
Can somebody explain to me how to upgrade with ipsw and dfu mode. I did this long time ago on iphone 7 or something but not sure now.

Cant get iphone 13 pro in dfu mode...

I tryed this but it just power upp again..any solution?

• Step 1: Quickly press the Volume Up and Volume Down button. Then hold the Side button until the screen turns black.
  • Step 2: Press and hold the Volume Down button together with the Side button.
  • Step 3: After 5 seconds, release the Side button, but you still need to hold the Volume Down button for at least 5 seconds.

jazzzyJeff

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2024

• Step 1: Quickly press the Volume Up and Volume Down button. Then hold the Side button until the screen turns black.
  • Step 3: After 5 seconds, release the Side button, but you still need to hold the Volume Down button for at least 5 seconds.
You’re going to lose your data in DFU mode.

If you just need to update with IPSW and still keep your data, you should be in recovery mode.

HuNay

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2023

To add to the other comments above, yes it’s safe to download from ipsw.me. It grabs the actual file from wherever Apple’s hosting it so they in turn only really have links up

Last edited:

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021

IPSW.me points to files directly stored on Apple servers... Just like theiphonewiki.com and theapplewiki.com

Reactions: gank41

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021

ras113

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2017
I got in dfu mode, but the time holding the buttons didnt work. Its was like 3-4 seconds holding volume down and side button.

Ios is smother then ios 16, but it can also depend that it was fresh new install

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
I got in dfu mode, but the time holding the buttons didnt work. Its was like 3-4 seconds holding volume down and side button.

Ios is smother then ios 16, but it can also depend that it was fresh new install
I also had trouble putting my iPhone 13 Pro in DFU mode when attempting to fresh install iOS 17.5.1 from iOS 18 DB 1

It took me several attempts but I finally managed to do so... After clean installing iOS 17.5.1, I OTA downloaded iOS 18 DB 1 and iOS 18 DB 2... Just waiting for iOS 18 DB 3 next week...

ras113

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2017
I also had trouble putting my iPhone 13 Pro in DFU mode when attempting to fresh install iOS 17.5.1 from iOS 18 DB 1

It took me several attempts but I finally managed to do so... After clean installing iOS 17.5.1, I OTA downloaded iOS 18 DB 1 and iOS 18 DB 2... Just waiting for iOS 18 DB 3 next week...
Same here. It took maybe 20-30 attempts to ger into dfu with iphone 13 pro also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.