Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Clompus

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2024
Who notice any UI stutters when open/close/switch app? For me it’s annoying since iOS 17.1 and iTunes recovery don’t help me

Reactions: FILIPSN007

JemTheWire

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Manchester (UK)
My app history on both my iPad Pro 11" M4 (iPadOS 17.5.1) and my iPhone 15 PM (iOS 17.5.1) has disappeared today. It's the first time that has happened. I haven't altered any settings. History was there last night but gone this morning. Neither device has been power cycled.

Does anybody have an explanation? Thanks.

Helmsley

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2017
Who notice any UI stutters when open/close/switch app? For me it’s annoying since iOS 17.1 and iTunes recovery don’t help me

I get stutters sometimes when scrolling through the pages on my Home Screen.

Also, switching Airplane Mode off is slow and laggy, regardless of whether I do it via Control Centre or settings.

dk001

macrumors demi-god
Oct 3, 2014
Sage, Lightning, and Mountains
My app history on both my iPad Pro 11" M4 (iPadOS 17.5.1) and my iPhone 15 PM (iOS 17.5.1) has disappeared today. It's the first time that has happened. I haven't altered any settings. History was there last night but gone this morning. Neither device has been power cycled.

Been seeing that lately with OS updates. For it to vanish in a non-update instance, haven’t seen that. :(
Just checked mine and it is there back to when 17.5.1 was loaded ;)

upandown

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2017

Where’s the app history?

Reactions: cepenpark

JemTheWire

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2012
Manchester (UK)
Strangely enough, I have just checked the page and 7 updates are showing but nothing else. No idea what caused it. Strange it’s in both devices at the same time. As long as I am getting updates and they install correctly, which the seem to do, I’m not too bothered.

mikelets456

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Hello all,

I don't know if this was mentioned or it's a simple fix. On 17.5 when I would ask Siri to play "XXXXX song" it would play that song---when the song was over, then it would continue to play similar songs that I might like. However, since 17.5.1 it plays the song I requested and that's it. Nothing is played after that....

Populus

macrumors 603
Aug 24, 2012
Spain, Europe
Hello all,

I don't know if this was mentioned or it's a simple fix. On 17.5 when I would ask Siri to play "XXXXX song" it would play that song---when the song was over, then it would continue to play similar songs that I might like. However, since 17.5.1 it plays the song I requested and that's it. Nothing is played after that....
Have you checked the list of “upcoming” songs, and if you have the infinite ♾️ play icon turned on?

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY

To be more specific, I'm talking about when you have the AirPods in your ears and you can see the case battery in the battery widget. Or you have the AirPods in the case and you can see the battery of the AirPods and the case separately without even opening the case. It hasn't been working.

Edit: I did a factory reset and it's working again.

Last edited:

gwhizkids

macrumors G5
Jun 21, 2013
To be more specific, I'm talking about when you have the AirPods in your ears and you can see the case battery in the battery widget. Or you have the AirPods in the case and you can see the battery of the AirPods and the case separately without even opening the case. It hasn't been working.

Glad it rectified itself. Mine are showing properly.

06a44b77eb8d6ce12af4ceb0a2e5db75.jpg

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois

Do you use the small square battery widget by chance? I get the same and it's been going on for awhile. I'm wondering if it has something to do with using the small square widget vs. the longer widget shown above. When you say full reset do you mean a full restore or just rebooting the device?

s2mike

macrumors 68020
Sep 14, 2015
Someone on Reddit discovered a workaround for the issue of poor quality audio messages recorded via the Messages app:

Simply start recording a voice message as normal and then tap the red “stop” button to stop recording. Then tap the little timestamp to the left of the “stop” button and the recording will continue in perfect quality.

HuNay

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2023
I got curious and found SO many crash/exception logs for “icloudsubscriptionoptimizerd” dating back to 6/2. 42 of them to be exact

IMG_3471.PNG

• Wow
Reactions: dk001
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.