Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rafark

macrumors 68000
Sep 1, 2017
What's to celebrate if there's nothing to celebrate?
Do you not think sexual attraction is a beautiful thing to celebrate?

Why do you think there needs to be some kind of fight or struggle for something to be able to be celebrated?

In your example, the British can’t celebrate their independence because they were never a colony. But they can celebrate being British, their culture. It’s totally fine and valid.

• Sad
Reactions: jaymc

ProbablyDylan

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2024
Los Angeles
Do you not think sexual attraction is a beautiful thing to celebrate?

Why do you think there needs to be some kind of fight or struggle for something to be able to be celebrated?

In your example, the British can’t celebrate their independence because they were never a colony. But they can celebrate being British, their culture. It’s totally fine and valid.

More than fair, I appreciate the level-headed response.

I do believe that people are quick to factionalize themselves, especially in 2024. I think we all need to calm down and realize that some things aren't so serious. Like a rainbow watchband.

halledise

macrumors 68000
No. Blue isn’t next to red (need to be next to green). Where is indigo and violet? And the order is typically reverse (red on the top of the bow going to violet in the inside).
irrespective of your interpretation of the correct colours and their sequence, sir tim is standing in front of a figurative rainbow.
i’m starting to think, my dear chuckee, that sometimes you are a tad pedantic.
that said, see you over on the movies forum 🤠

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: jaymc

The1Biz

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2018
Well, Pride month came and went. I can't wait for next year, a new watch band and all the same old drama probably in the forum.

I changed out my rainbow band to a red band on top, blue band on the bottom, and a white case protector with a US Flag wallpaper pic.

Happy belated July 4th! #Merica

• Haha
Reactions: Razorpit
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.