Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marinersaptcomplex

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2021
Latest supply chain rumors say the next MacBook Air (with the M2 SoC) will not ship until late Q3 or early Q4.

Good! I'm totally happy with Macs being put on a 2 year cycle (with each year altering between the Air and the Pro).

I hope we don't see a new MBP until Fall 2023...

Scoob Redux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2020
Evidence? Because real world reactions are overwhelmingly positive. And also I sell these things and haven’t come across one word of negativity.
Agreed on consumer reaction. The average consumer sheeple will just snap up whatever's being offered. I'm sure they get home and look at the back quizzically when they try to plug in a USB-A or SD card, and just figure it must be them...and they go buy a hub or dongle. They're not particularly discerning :)

• Haha
  • Disagree
Reactions: opeter and Tagbert

Warped9

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2018
Brockville, Ontario.
Agreed on consumer reaction. The average consumer sheeple will just snap up whatever's being offered. I'm sure they get home and look at the back quizzically when they try to plug in a USB-A or SD card, and just figure it must be them...and they go buy a hub or dongle. They're not particularly discerning :)
Your condescension is showing. There are more than a few discerning shoppers out there.

Last edited:

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
I’m guessing M1 Pro/Max equipped iMacs, and the 2022 iPhone SE.

For the Mac mini, imo it’s probably better to announce it alongside the Mac Pro, maybe on WWDC. Feels more thematically right, to finally close the curtain on Intel.

ian87w

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2020
Indonesia
With Apple moving all the cables for their iDevices to USB-C, imo there won’t be much issue. And I don’t think the average consumer would be faced with USB-A or SD card that often. Eg even in my country, USB-A flash drives have fallen over, with many simply send documents and files via WhatsApp. Most lay consumers use their cellphones as their camera, so SD card has fallen out as well.

alfonsog

Contributor
Jul 17, 2002
Cape Coral, FL
I'm waiting for the Mac Pro update.. I had the first Mac Pro and the Trashcan Mac Pro but I didn't get the cheese grater one but I prefer a desktop over this MacBook Pro 16".

opeter

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia
Apple take my money...please!!!
I can take it. Just say, where we can met, so you can give it to me.

To be honest, I am not really interested in Apple computers anymore, since the applications I am using, are also available on the concurrent platform and at least in feeling, they work the same if not better. If the Mac mini 2014, that I am using occasionally, dies, well, that's it.

Lancer

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Australia
My mum like the older iPhone with home button so given the next a new SE could be released in the first quarter.

Snahbah

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2008
I hope we see mention of the Mac Pro. I have a weird feeling, don't shoot me, that we will see (at some point) Apple making their own GPUs. The fact that Jules from OTOY was featured in the last round makes me think this. Octane needs FAST GPUs, but also lots of them. I've seen 11 in a single set up as they scale in a linear way. So, as I say, just a thought.

Reactions: ASentientBot

_Spinn_

macrumors 601
Nov 6, 2020
Wisconsin
I've really enjoyed the pre-recorded Apple events over the past 2 years. Hopefully we see more of the same production values.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
There seems to be a huge divide on the iPhone SE but I hope it adopts the current design language with a larger screen and ditches the home button. It just seems so out of place in the lineup now.
There are a lot of customers that prefer having the home button. You would be alienating them. I think that the iPhone market is large enough now to include variants that meet the needs of more than just one type of user.

ASentientBot

macrumors 6502a
Jun 27, 2018
SkyLight.framework
Adding 5G seems antithetical to the point of the iPhone SE, given how expensive and nonessential it is. It's not like LTE will be phased out in the foreseeable future, and nobody needs gigabit speeds on a smartphone. If the rumor is true, hopefully it won't mean a higher cost or worse battery life...

appleArticulate

Suspended
Jan 6, 2022
I'm not seeing people thinking the airs are coming out but I thought they were assumed for spring? I hope they are, I want them out so I can compare between that and the 14 inch pro.
No reason to expect that. The new Airs have been rumored to be designed around the M2 which is no where near ready. End of 2022 at earliest.

Tagbert

macrumors 603
Jun 22, 2011
Seattle
Adding 5G seems antithetical to the point of the iPhone SE, given how expensive and nonessential it is. It's not like LTE will be phased out in the foreseeable future, and nobody needs gigabit speeds on a smartphone. If the rumor is true, hopefully it won't mean a higher cost or worse battery life...
They will probably include 5G partly to promote it as a feature and also because it is part of the chip sets of the other phones and they usually use the guts of the current iPhone for the SE. The incremental cost of the chips are likely not noticeable in the overall price. Whether the customers want to upgrade their phone plan with the carrier is another question. I haven't bothered to update my phone plan even though my iPhone 12 has 5G. Couldn't be bothered.

Think creative

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2013
No reason to expect that. The new Airs have been rumored to be designed around the M2 which is no where near ready. End of 2022 at earliest.
I mean, we know they've had the case design for it (hence why leaks of the colors came out what? Last spring?) for awhile. the M2 is based on the A15, which is out now. I believe before supply chain issues they had already planned on dropping it at the end of 2021. Just like the Pro laptops were supposed to come out in the summer, not fall. So a push back of spring was not insane. But supply issues are still lingering, and pushing it to the summer makes sense. But before the end of 2022 is for sure going to happen, which is why every major rumor person has said.

appleArticulate

Suspended
Jan 6, 2022
I mean, we know they've had the case design for it (hence why leaks of the colors came out what? Last spring?) for awhile. the M2 is based on the A15, which is out now. I believe before supply chain issues they had already planned on dropping it at the end of 2021. Just like the Pro laptops were supposed to come out in the summer, not fall. So a push back of spring was not insane. But supply issues are still lingering, and pushing it to the summer makes sense. But before the end of 2022 is for sure going to happen, which is why every major rumor person has said.
There isn't any reason for it to come a minute sooner. The M1 MacBook Air is still only 14 months old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.