Apr 24, 2012
This place is hopping today! Lol.

Everyone must be tired after all the fireworks. Where I live, everything was canceled because of storms. :(

Apr 24, 2012
My friend and I spent about $400 in fireworks. Had a great time last night.
Nice. You can get some good stuff for $400.

Like I said earlier, they postponed ours because of rain, but it ended up not raining at that time. So a bunch of local people set off their own, and we were wondering if it was ever going to end. The next morning, I saw someone post that they had $5000 worth of fireworks they set off. That's just nuts, man.

KOQSTRONG

No Longer a Noob
Apr 9, 2010
@SaintAvalon You wasn’t lying about Elden Ring. Damn that shit looks fucking gorgeous on my LG OLED. Wasn’t expecting some deep blacks and popping colors.

Are we back? Looks like we are back.

Happy Friday! (For me) CT woohoo.

Everyone enjoy your Independence Day, don't blow yourself up. My team just talked about me blowing myself up and if i had attepmted to strap one to my drone LOL.

Hell yeah! And this is one of their best looking games too and that OLED mmmm. Visual treat.
Yeah, it looks awesome on the LG OLED. But wait until you see Furiosa on that thing. I rented it a few nights ago on my G1 and holy shit! It’s better than at the theater. It blew my mind.

Not really vibing with the Elden Ring DLC right now. It’s amazing. But i’m just wanting to play something stupid so I’m mostly playing Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth. Haven’t played anything over the 4ht weekend though.

Jan 1, 2001
4th went well, though a friend did not know how bottle rockets worked and he did not let it go.... and when it didn't fly out of his hand he was like what? and i'm like throw it... and then it blew up.

He was like i don't get it... and i'm like well, you hold it but not tightly and it flies away. So, there was that.

Otherwise we lit off so many big booms that neighbors just came over and grabbed beer and sat and watched our show.

ClNTRoN

Execution Legend
Oct 31, 2013
Yeah, it looks awesome on the LG OLED. But wait until you see Furiosa on that thing. I rented it a few nights ago on my G1 and holy shit! It’s better than at the theater. It blew my mind.

Not really vibing with the Elden Ring DLC right now. It’s amazing. But i’m just wanting to play something stupid so I’m mostly playing Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth. Haven’t played anything over the 4ht weekend though.
Unfortunately the OLED is only a 48 C2 in my gaming setup. The living room where I watch movies is a 75” Sony X90J. Still great but I wish we had an OLED in the living room. One day

ClNTRoN

Execution Legend
Oct 31, 2013
I really didn’t care for trying out Elden Ring. I did get it on sale for $30 a while back but really just don’t care for it. Not the kind of game I wanna play right now but exploring did seem fun. I’m finally on the Resident Evil 4 Remake and this is loads more fun for my taste.

theunentitled

Level 9999
Feb 20, 2002
I really didn’t care for trying out Elden Ring. I did get it on sale for $30 a while back but really just don’t care for it. Not the kind of game I wanna play right now but exploring did seem fun. I’m finally on the Resident Evil 4 Remake and this is loads more fun for my taste.
I really like these RE remakes.

RE2 was always my favorite and I thought they did a great job remaking it.

Jan 1, 2001
Gotta be in the mood for a Soulslike.

RE4 is banging, it was my first time going past that early village portion. What a blast.

Apr 24, 2012
Unfortunately the OLED is only a 48 C2 in my gaming setup. The living room where I watch movies is a 75” Sony X90J. Still great but I wish we had an OLED in the living room. One day
When you do end up getting one, make sure to get one that supports Variable Refresh Rate (VRR). It's a game changer for PC gaming, and I believe Xbox and PS5 support it, too.

Jan 1, 2001
I have so many bottle rockets in my closet now....

They have been illegal my entire life in my state not until 2021 did they repeal the law... so of course on my way out to a BBQ and not having known they went legal I bought a brick of bottle rockets.

Not sure what to do with them, my apartment doesn't really like us lighting them on their property, and everyone near me has dogs so i'd hate to bug the dogs too. Maybe new years i can find a place to go to light some more off... I put the ones that would fit in a plastic container with a lid, but i couldn't fit the bigger ones that have colors.

hrmph.

ClNTRoN

Execution Legend
Oct 31, 2013
Nope. Went out at 4:30am permanently. Wind was crazy as hell where I’m at. Knocked fences down and everything. Rain wasn’t too bad. In my truck now because don’t have cell service at home.
Yup we got hit hard too up here. Carports damaged, trees knocked everywhere, my mom’s home power line went down and trees fell in front of their house so they can’t leave. Luckily my strip of where I live still has power, but literally everyone around us doesn’t have power or cell service.

BigPete7978

#DrinkInHand
Jun 26, 2013
Yup we got hit hard too up here. Carports damaged, trees knocked everywhere, my mom’s home power line went down and trees fell in front of their house so they can’t leave. Luckily my strip of where I live still has power, but literally everyone around us doesn’t have power or cell service.
News outlets saying atleast 2.5 million without power

KOQSTRONG

No Longer a Noob
Apr 9, 2010
WE HAVE POWER!!!!
Dude I have been without power a few nights/days in FL after hurricanes and it’s the worst. And Iβ€˜m lucky because other close areas have been without for week/s. After Irma me and my ex were going to sleep in my restaurant because it had AC and luckily that afternoon we got it back at the condo.

ClNTRoN

Execution Legend
Oct 31, 2013
Well I was wrong. We had power for about 15 min. Been off since then. Had to leave to get service. Currently in the truck again.
I lost power and cell service last night. Still no power. Had to drive out for service.

ClNTRoN

Execution Legend
Oct 31, 2013
lol, infrastructure funding. in this country. lol
You mean in this state. I have been stationed and lived in multiple states. Texas has BY FAR the worst fucking power issues of all, likely because they don’t bury their lines. I’ve barely had power outages in my life but have had multiple within the past couple of years of living here, this being by far the worse because it’s hot asf. A Cat 1 hurricane knocking power out for days is insane, I can’t imagine worse, and I’ve been through worse disasters in other states. It can just be a normal thunderstorm here and power would get knocked. It’s embarrassing. For a state that touts their strength, they are the weakest in the grid. I got lucky and went a day without power, but others haven’t had power since early in the hurricane and some are estimated to not have it for another couple days.

Jan 1, 2001
What are peoples thoughts on this Game Pass price increase, stack limiting from 3 years to 13 months, and day one + EA Play being reserved for the highest tier which will be 20$?

I'm glad i'm paid up until 2026, 27 months or so left.

theunentitled

Level 9999
Feb 20, 2002
You mean in this state. I have been stationed and lived in multiple states. Texas has BY FAR the worst fucking power issues of all, likely because they don’t bury their lines. I’ve barely had power outages in my life but have had multiple within the past couple of years of living here, this being by far the worse because it’s hot asf. A Cat 1 hurricane knocking power out for days is insane, I can’t imagine worse, and I’ve been through worse disasters in other states. It can just be a normal thunderstorm here and power would get knocked. It’s embarrassing. For a state that touts their strength, they are the weakest in the grid. I got lucky and went a day without power, but others haven’t had power since early in the hurricane and some are estimated to not have it for another couple days.
I remember living in FL from 2004-06. I think like, a matter of weeks after I got into the state, there was a hurricane that took out power for weeks. Happened each year I was there....

Apr 24, 2012
What are peoples thoughts on this Game Pass price increase, stack limiting from 3 years to 13 months, and day one + EA Play being reserved for the highest tier which will be 20$?

After taxes, I'm paying like $18/month for Ultimate. Are they raising the price again?

Jan 1, 2001
After taxes, I'm paying like $18/month for Ultimate. Are they raising the price again?
Yes, they are doing a few things to game pass.

They will remove one tier and add a new tier. The new tier will no longer have Day One or EA Play titles, while Ultimate will continue to have both but go from 16.99 to 19.99.

I recommend you go to CDKeys.com and grab a few 3 months to stack it. Note, they are going to cap the stacking abilities from 3 years to 13 months if you are a current subscriber on September 13th? in September for sure.

Apr 24, 2012
Yes, they are doing a few things to game pass.

They will remove one tier and add a new tier. The new tier will no longer have Day One or EA Play titles, while Ultimate will continue to have both but go from 16.99 to 19.99.

I recommend you go to CDKeys.com and grab a few 3 months to stack it. Note, they are going to cap the stacking abilities from 3 years to 13 months if you are a current subscriber on September 13th? in September for sure.
I'm thinking about just dropping it. We really don't use it much. I think the biggest purpose for our family is just so one of my sons can play Minecraft with his friends. But he has a pretty good gaming PC, and I just found out he could play the Bedrock version on PC cross-play with his friends without even having to have Game Pass.

Jan 1, 2001
I'm thinking about just dropping it. We really don't use it much. I think the biggest purpose for our family is just so one of my sons can play Minecraft with his friends. But he has a pretty good gaming PC, and I just found out he could play the Bedrock version on PC cross-play with his friends without even having to have Game Pass.
MC is also quite cheap on Xbox.

Fuhgeddit

Not Fudge
Apr 9, 2014
NY

I find myself curious to see what releases on game pass and then wish listing any games, if they are on PS also, on PS to get them on sale at some point. I feel like the price isn't bad if Xbox has bangers but most of the time, I will pick and choose what I really want to play and if I really want to play them, I rather buy them. Idk, it's tough.

ClNTRoN

Execution Legend
Oct 31, 2013
My Game Pass Ultimate expired and I won’t be renewing. I will keep the regular online play and get that yearly. I still see that for $59.99, $5 a month to play multiplayer. Besides that I’m good. I still have a backlog of games I got on sale.

Jan 1, 2001
I find myself curious to see what releases on game pass and then wish listing any games, if they are on PS also, on PS to get them on sale at some point. I feel like the price isn't bad if Xbox has bangers but most of the time, I will pick and choose what I really want to play and if I really want to play them, I rather buy them. Idk, it's tough.
I'm the opposite, I'll buy things that are like day one for me and sometimes things on sale, but I'll also wait months if not a year to see if some games will hit Game Pass.

I waited ages to buy RE Village because I had hoped it'd come to game pass, and eventually I just really wanted some RE goodness and I caved during one of the bigger sales.

I have so many games right now that it just makes sense to wait for game pass. I still slip, i bought like four games the other day haha. As long as I"m doing about 10-12$ a month its a good price for me. I get not for everyone, I just almost never play a game a second time.

Jan 1, 2001
78 hrs without power……
Dude, that is unacceptable. Especially in the US and in the heat... what the eff.

They'll probably do a price hike and say it's because they need to upgrade the system. Texas is the only state with it's own power grid, and it always seems to shit the bed.

I hope they get it sorted for you man.