unable to get token

Ever since last night(IST), I am unable to get pods in our cluster. Running the command:

kubectl get pods

throws the error, after a long wait:

Unable to connect to the server: error executing access token command "/opt/homebrew/Caskroom/google-cloud-sdk/latest/google-cloud-sdk/bin/gcloud config config-helper --format=json": err=exit status 1 output= stderr=ERROR: gcloud crashed (TransportError): HTTPSConnectionPool(host='oauth2.googleapis.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /token (Caused by NewConnectionError('<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0x102b87670>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 60] Operation timed out'))

My colleague in another location is facing the same issue.

Any ideas on how to work around? 

Solved Solved
0 7 5,826
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Heroic, 

Please ensure you have successfully logged in using the gcloud auth login and ensure you have installed the gke auth plugins as well as selected the GKE context. Alternatively , you can login into the GKE console and click the button "connect", it will give you the login command to your GKE. All these activities will help you to generate token and other credential and stored on your kube config file for consecutive  login.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

facing same challenges when doing gcloud auth login

err=exit status 1 output= stderr=ERROR: gcloud crashed (TransportError): HTTPSConnectionPool(host='oauth2.googleapis.com', port=443)

facing same issue - does anyone have any idea ?

oauth2.googleapis.com "Failed to establish a new connection"

In my case it turned out Airtel India (ISP) is the culprit. Have tweeted about it.

Thank you alot,
same here as well,
switched to Jio - now its fine

I'm still facing the same any workaround to this? Unfortunately I don't have any alternate ISP provider.

ERROR: gcloud crashed (ConnectionError): HTTPSConnectionPool(host='oauth2.googleapis.com', port=443)

ping oauth2.googleapis.com
PING dotblocking.dummy (13.127.247.216): 56 data bytes

Hi Heroic, 

Please ensure you have successfully logged in using the gcloud auth login and ensure you have installed the gke auth plugins as well as selected the GKE context. Alternatively , you can login into the GKE console and click the button "connect", it will give you the login command to your GKE. All these activities will help you to generate token and other credential and stored on your kube config file for consecutive  login.

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors