Under this topic, I'd like to share all about Tushan Jing/ Ye Shiqi played by Deng Wei. ❤ 

Fiona_YOLO:

Under this topic, I'd like to share all about Tushan Jing/ Ye Shiqi played by Deng Wei. ❤ 

Thank you for opening this thread. I'm looking forward to more posts.. 

Lost You Forever was my first time watching Deng Wei. Although he may not have the most experience in acting compared to many of his cast mates, he embodies the spirit of Ye Shiqi and Tushan Jing quite well.

The ending of S1 was hard to watch for me as it is arguably TSJ's lowest point. His full story and character arcs are not yet complete, and without knowing how things play out, to the audience, he may just seem like a kind-to-a-fault, weakling who can't even figure out what's going on around him.

But as this thread's title suggests, Jing's kindness is what the world needs. This may seem like a trite statement, but it's one of my favorite themes in the novel. In ch 34, after FFYY and TSH are caught in their schemes, FFYY says that she used to think Jing was weak and useless but realizes that to forgive requires true intelligence and strength of character. It's such an affirming moment - while it may have been more efficient to just kill Hou and FFYY, Jing would rather forgive and extend kindness - especially for the sake of his young nephew and break the seemingly endless cycle of revenge and violence.

Related to this is Jing's unwavering support for Cang Xuan. In such a dark, tumultuous world of Dahuang, Jing longs for a strong but compassionate ruler to ensure that all can enjoy a life of peace and prosperity. At the end of the novel, he states to CX that when he was learning to do business, he saw how many people were displaced by war and sought to support someone would would care for all the people (as CX does).

There's so much more to say, especially regarding the theme of healing, but maybe another post, another time.

Hello, thank you @Winny24  and @Sunbath12 ! Glad to see your replies.

I am a fan of the original novel, and it was through this drama that I came to know Deng Wei. I believe that Deng Wei is definitely an underrated, talented actor. At the very least, his portrayal of Tushan Jing is very successful, making me believe that he is the destined Tushan Jing. 

I completely agree with you (@Sunbath12 ) that the S1 ending stopped at a point where it's easy for people to misunderstand TSJ. But you know what? Before the advance screening on Tencent, many fans who liked TSJ were already worried and even prepared apology memes in advance, ready to explain on his behalf if he got criticized. However, after the advance screening ended, the situation reversed. Surprisingly, instead of blaming Tushan Jing, most viewers felt sorry for him and shed tears together with him. Even though the audience didn’t know the full truth, they were still moved by Deng Wei's performance. They felt that Tushan Jing had his own struggles and helplessness, which made people feel heartbroken that he couldn't be with the girl he loved. One of his crying scenes suddenly exceeded 10 millions of views overnight, with many drama fans spontaneously sharing and supporting him, explaining on his behalf. This unexpected turnaround was proof of how genuinely touching Tushan Jing is. If I have time tomorrow, I can look up some of the reactions from the drama fans at that time.

Tushan Jing’s kindness is also a quality that deeply moves me. Just like his personal theme song, kindness is his core. But he has many other shining qualities that might not be detailed in the original novel or were cut or simplified in the drama (for instance, the part where he helped XY escape from Qingshui Town: the novel actually describes Jing's unparalleled wisdom and bravery, but the drama didn't portray it). Doing some explanation and dispelling some misunderstandings about Tushan Jing is one of the reasons I wanted to start this thread. :) Looking forward to discussing with you more.

Fiona_YOLO:
However, after the advance screening ended, the situation reversed. Surprisingly, instead of blaming Tushan Jing, most viewers felt sorry for him and shed tears together with him. Even though the audience didn’t know the full truth, they were still moved by Deng Wei's performance. They felt that Tushan Jing had his own struggles and helplessness, which made people feel heartbroken that he couldn't be with the girl he loved. One of his crying scenes suddenly exceeded 10 millions of views overnight, with many drama fans spontaneously sharing and supporting him, explaining on his behalf.

Yeah, I think Jing really comes to life on screen, which is a daunting task for a new actor with all the other interesting male leads in the story.

Hope for a a great conclusion in S2!

I happened to see a post on Viki about Merlin's clarification. So moved that someone was trying to defend him at that time, obviously a fan who knows the original novel well. I am grateful to the people who have been protecting Tu Shanjing.

-----------------------------------CR to 484829105890937_285 · Profile · Disqus --------------------------

❗CLARIFICATION:
Please let me explain to those who say that Tu Shanjing was stupid did not rescue Xiaoyao. First of all, the maze where Xiaoyao got stucked was a lore formation. You can only enter and cannot exit!

Second, when Tu Shanjing went in, he has been transferring his spiritual power to her. He only got so much spiritual power left after being tortured to death by his brother previously and now he's transferring and is draining his spiritual power for her.

However, despite the non stop transferring of spiritual power, it failed to revive Xiaoyao. He can sense that she's no longer breathing. He can sense that there's no life in her. He knew Xiaoyao was already dead.

In the end, and as been repeatedly emphasized in the novel, Xiaoyao was able to survive because of the timely delivery of spiritual power by Tu Shanjing. Hadn't Jing went in on time, she would've been dead.

The drama has not shown it (I don't know if it will be emphasized later) But here's that part in the novel:

"
Xiao Yao had no life but with the power being continuously transferred to her, her body remained soft and warm rather than cold and stiff. Even though no pulse could be detected, but Zhuan Xu felt that her heart was still beating slightly."

When Fenglong asked what happened to Jing:

Xiao Xiao said "We rushed into the maze to save the Princess. When we found her, Master Jing was protecting her. If it wasn't for Master Jing using his spiritual power to protect her body then her body would have been incinerated into Ashes already. Because he kept transferring power into her, it kept a sliver of hope alive. You can say Master Jing was the real person who rescued her. But when we got there he was already unconscious and we brought them both back to Zhi Jin Summit.

Master Jing's injuries are actually not severe but he's the one who doesn't want to live so that is why he's not waking up."

End...
"
He didn't care about being burn alive. He made a formation and protected her from fire - remember he was the only one who got burnt. Otherwise, she would really die.

The maze was a killing formation with the sole purpose of the enemy is to burn Xiaoyao's body so that no trace can be found. Jing being a descendant to the nine tailed fox is proficient with any formation. He can go out by himself but cannot take Xiaoyao out. Instead of leaving her there, he transferred his spiritual power but the moment he sense she's no longer alive, he completely didn't know what to do. He was so down. And right in that moment, he chose to die with her. Even at the very end, he protected Xiaoyao's body and only let himself get burned from the blazing fire.

You just need to empathize and clearly understand from his perspective. He is not weak and not stupid. It takes a lot of courage to stand up and go after what you want. It takes a lot of courage to give up your life and be with the one you love ?.

When the other two characters are pushing and pulling with their feelings towards Xiaoyao, Jing has been firm and steadfast, unwavering in his love for her. His life is her. His first choice is her. And he will never and has never used Xiaoyao in any way to gain some things, unlike what the other two characters have been doing. He is not stupid. Not even Xiang Liu can outwit him (remember their transaction in episode 29?)

His love is the purest of them all.

If his original lines weren't deleted, viewers can better grasped about the situation, about his scarifies too. May be

Xiang Liu will do his best to save her. Cang Xuan will use all his connections to protect her. Jing used up all his power and life to save her. Each of these men have their own merits. That's why viewers are torn. And this is the charm, the beauty of this show. We have our own interpretations of love. All of them are capable and certainly not one of them is stupid.

Fiona_YOLO:
When we found her, Master Jing was protecting her. If it wasn't for Master Jing using his spiritual power to protect her body then her body would have been incinerated into Ashes already. Because he kept transferring power into her, it kept a sliver of hope alive. You can say Master Jing was the real person who rescued her. But when we got there he was already unconscious and we brought them both back to Zhi Jin Summit.

Yeah, this was intensely debated and discussed when S1 was airing. It was a change of dialogue (or rather an omission of certain details) that many including myself did not like in the drama. It made Jing seem foolish just ending his life for love when in the novel, it is also because he drained his power to save XY that he almost died.

Sunbath12:
It was a change of dialogue (or rather an omission of certain details) that many including myself did not like in the drama.

I know! Same here. This clip also sparked a lot of dissatisfaction and discussion among Chinese audiences. At first, most people noticed that it was a mistake in filming and editing, and the director should take the responsibility. It was obvious that the director was shooting very messily, which was quite misleading. However, suddenly some people started to attack Jing to shift the blame. But in fact, anyone who has read the novel understands that Jing is not stupid, and Deng Wei also acts very well.

(I‘m still figuring out how to attach images here. Will find some evidence to back up my point. )

I love this thread! Tushan Jing definitely deserves all the love in the world!!
Tonghua gave him tribulations but he will get through them!

LYF is a top Cdrama production but lets face it, it was still bound by alot of limitations and marketing decisions. CGI was decent but hardly epic. So many scenes were not adapted to screen probably because of budget decisions and story will suffer for it.

Dengwei really brought Tushan Jing and Ye Shiqi to life. He brings the character to life with his graceful mannerisms and his gentle, kind eyes.

I can't wait for Jing to be happier, estimated is mid of the week after next, depending on how many eps we get tomorrow lol

soTreeD:
I can't wait for Jing to be happier, estimated is mid of the week after next, depending on how many eps we get tomorrow lol

Me too. You cannot imagine how many people in China like Tushan Jing played by Deng Wei. At present, there are some teaser video clips released, and Tushan Jing-related videos are the most popular. Everyone is looking forward to Tushan Jing's return and hopes that he can be happy.  Although Tushan Jing didn't have many scenes in the second season (I'm keeping my finger crossed that they don't further cut Jing's scences ), there is no doubt that he is still the white moonlight character (unforgettable first love) in our hearts.

Fiona_YOLO:
I‘m still figuring out how to attach images here. Will find some evidence to back up my point.

I am also quite new to MDL but I think you need to upload images to another hosting service before you can embed the URL in the posts. The MDL servers do not accept images upload like weibo does, such a pain... 

soTreeD:

I am also quite new to MDL but I think you need to upload images to another hosting service before you can embed the URL in the posts. The MDL servers do not accept images upload like weibo does, such a pain... 

Yeah! I made it!!!! Thank you so much.

Take a look at Tushan Jing in a wedding dress. He looks so happy and satisfied. The gif was cut from a video trailer of only seven seconds, but it exploded on the Internet as soon as it came out. He looks sooooo beautiful and amazing.

Fiona_YOLO:

love this thread!!! thanks ??

calling winny, peng-peng, and symbolika to share what they shared on the main thread about Jing and Shiqi ?

Thank you! You guys are always welcome to share anything about Jing and Shiqi here!

Earlier I noticed that there was already a thread about the Yao Jing CP, which is awesome! I opened this thread mainly to focus on TSJ/Shiqi, to summarize and sort out related clarifications, drama reactions and reviews., and of course, some data insights and updates about Deng Wei! The scope might be extended to TSJ's clan and his family, friends, and others, excluding the CP content. So, hopefully, there won't be any duplication or overlap with your thread. Or if you have any better suggestions, feel free to let me know!