This video is one aspect of Li Rong’s feelings for PWX…he belongs to her…

Spoiler video: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C81ouMjxmzA/?igsh=NjdtdTF0eTFyb2ly

Thanks for the links! I'm definitely ready for the romance to heat up between our main couple. I understand where you are coming from regarding the general discussion. It has been rather disheartening to see so many posts denigrating the romance development of the main couple. From reading the posts, I gather that the romance between the main couple in the source novel was not very satisfying. I hope that the MC romance in this drama version will be more satisfying. Looking at the clips you posted, I am encouraged. Hopefully this can be a safe space for positive discussion of the romance elements for this drama version.

Chair54:

Thanks for the links! I'm definitely ready for the romance to heat up between our main couple. I understand where you are coming from regarding the general discussion. It has been rather disheartening to see so many posts denigrating the romance development of the main couple. From reading the posts, I gather that the romance between the main couple in the source novel was not very satisfying. I hope that the MC romance in this drama version will be more satisfying. Looking at the clips you posted, I am encouraged. Hopefully this can be a safe space for positive discussion of the romance elements for this drama version.

The drama follows the novel closely but I feel the drama portrays the leads as loving each other in both lifetimes. The misunderstandings and lack of communication led to destruction. I am watching their actions in the drama. I want to focus on their character development and how they evolve as a couple. I can see Li Rong was interested in PWX's every move. She was angry with him when she thought he killed her but she was not angry with SRQ. She even said she pitied him and didn't feel any discomfort around him. Yet with PWX, she is so emotional and passionate. This why I feel she loved PWX in both lifetimes. She needs to admit it but before she does, she has to learn to trust him completely. 

I am trying ignore the comments about LR and SRQ as lovers. It takes away from the  romance. I understand it happened in the novel and maybe implied in the drama but I cannot imagine the FL in that way. I can see that the emotional attachment to SRQ formed a special bond in her previous life but if she loved him then, she would have been more upset now hearing he killed her. 

I have watched to Ep.9 of the drama. I agree with you that in the drama the main leads both loved each other in the first life, and still have feelings for one another in this new life. I thought it was made clear in Ep. 1 that both ML and FL were in love with one another until there were misunderstandings after the arrival of QZZ to the palace. FL jealousy caused her to say things and ML never bothered to clarify, which led to more misunderstandings and both characters said things and did things which they did not really mean. I was quite surprised at the number of comments from people saying FL never loved the ML in the first life because I felt the drama made it pretty obvious that she was in love with him. 

I understand where you are coming from regarding the SRQ/LR relationship. I also wish people would stop harping on the portrayal in the source novel (where I gather they had a sexual relationship) and focus more on the portrayal in the drama.  I think in the Drama version of the SRQ/LR relationship, they were very close friends and she did love him but I don't think it was a sexual relationship since both characters display a sense of longing in the new life. To me, LR especially displays a sense of unfulfilled desire toward SRQ. I don't think she would be so captivated by him if they had been sexually intimate in the past life. I think the fact that they never really acted on their attraction is one of the reasons why LR is still conflicted about the 2 men.  She is attracted to both of them, but I believe that she has stronger feelings for PWX. They need to resolve the issues from the past life before they can move to a happy life together. 

@chair54 Keep watching.  You will find your feelings are confirmed. The fact that she was more upset at PWX when she thought he killed her than at SRQ, says something. I think the drama will show that she was deeply hurt when they separated in the previous life. It gets better. I am waiting to watch ep 13. 

Chair54:

Ep 13 was great and the previews of ep 14 and 15 has some sweet scenes between PWX and LR.  Jin Mai has the old married couple vibe perfected the way she responds to PWX. 

Preview or ep 14 and 15. LR and PWX are getting cozy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVXI2I0lCoc

That's one thing we can agree on ep 13-27 will make or break the drama and they should either improve the pace of their romance, or break them apart and they can go their respective ways. FL has Su and Shagguan Ya seemed interested in ml today.

For those who question PWX's love for LR, take a look at this post:

https://mydramalist.com/750181-du-hua-nian#comment-17931645

badgersupremo:

I am more interested in female lead acting.  For me i dont see her acting but lives in it

She has definitely owned it! Jin Mai is one of the best and I know she will make it as one the most successful actresses.

Why did you make me eat lemons? Fun live stream between JIn Mai and ZLH..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJKY-nOt8vc