Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arcontia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2017
If we’re getting new accessories again sometime before the end of the year, please release a proper blue Leather Case for iPhone 13 Pro - none of the current options match the Sierra Blue

StupidOpinion

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2021
here's my opinion on what's left:

ipad isn't thick enough to cool the high end m1 pro/max chips so it should remain on m1 and upgrade to whatever the next apple silicon chip nm process

imac 27 should be fatter so it can handle the m1 pro/max chips better than the laptops can

mac pro should remain the same while running on intel for compatibility sake. i can't imagine apple supporting intel for much longer, so they need to end it with a bang. needs to be ddr5, pcie5, and the best intel CPU they can get

mac mini should probably stay on budget so no m1 pro/max imo.

mac pro mini? should be the powerhouse apple silicon build for desktop and servers. with something approximately equivalent to a 120mm CPU cooler that gaming desktops use, this thing can house the rumored 128 core GPU. i would like to think that if they can keep such a computer at under 2000, they can potentially win over a lot of PC gamers. at least slowly win them over while games are becoming more and more compatible with mac

CyberBob859

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2007
I don't think Tim will say good morning to us again until February or March
Yup. Probably closer to March-April, IMO. And I think they'll announce (with a virtual event and press releases):

Spec bump for iPad Air to A15, 5G, and Center Stage​
iPhone SE3 (with A15, 5G, based on xR design)​
maybe a new color for iPhone 13/Mini​
redesigned AirPods Pro​
redesigned 30" iMac (Pro) using M1 Pro and M1 Max chips​

I think WWDC 2022 we see our first glimpse of the Mac Pro lineup and the highest performance M1 series chips. (It may be announced but not ready to ship until later in the year). Maybe (hopefully) a new, more affordable 30" monitor. I think a new, smaller version of a Mac Pro replaces Intel Mac Mini.

September will be the iPhone 14/Pro and new Apple Watches

October-November will be a new redesigned M2 MacBook Air (or just MacBook), M2 Mac Mini (with new thin design), and M2 iPad Pro.

Wild cards for me:

iPod Touch gets dropped in favor of the return of an iPod featuring Apple Music Spatial Audio, Apple Lossless, AirPlay 2, Podcasts, and Audiobook support.​
New Apple TV Arcade Edition with a game controller and featuring M1 Pro chip (maybe binned M1 Max.)​

Reactions: psxp

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
Given the backlog delays for orders can’t see anything being announced next month - they likely wouldn’t hit the holiday shoppers.

shinkansenwarrior

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2015
Tokyo
No, they’ve gotten fed up with the posts they read on MacRumors (because of course the leaders of Apple would read and make business decisions based on posts on MacRumors… yes, there are those that believe this) and have decided NO MORE NEW DEVICES FOR 2021. Or 2022 for that matter.

And MAY release new devices in 2023, but ONLY if you ask nicely
I have a feeling they didn't release a "Mac Mini Pro" (M1 Pro/Max) is because the demand would be so high and availability so small, there'd be a huge backlog. Plus lots of current Macbook Pro customers would have opted for that mini.
The killer product ....a high end Mini... the machine many desktop users crave for .....Apple will make us wait until the new AS MBP and MB/MB Air notebook sales are pumping strong.
Got a feeling it's gonna be a while.
It's hell waiting and being teased but at the same time it's exciting to guess just how Apple will configure the updated Mini when they decide to.

Reactions: ericwn

Chrisbc

macrumors member
Apr 17, 2015
If we’re getting new accessories again sometime before the end of the year, please release a proper blue Leather Case for iPhone 13 Pro - none of the current options match the Sierra Blue
I agree. Golden Brown hasn’t aged well and I don’t like any of the other colours with the Sierra blue… too dark.

sunny5

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2021
There’s only two products left:
Big iMac and Mac Pro
The mini won’t see any change for a few years is my guess
Nope, a high end Mac mini needs to replace Intel Mac mini and there will be 27 inch iMac and Mac Pro cube.

ZipZilla

macrumors 6502
Dec 7, 2003
if apple were going to kill off the high end mac mini, they would have already done it. a new mac mini is almost certainly coming

Macbookprodude

Suspended
Jan 1, 2018
cook is a real piece of work.. A STEVE JOBS HE WILL NEVER BE ! the Keynotes are so sad and lame.. Jobs brought excitement, cook is an ibm TYPE as far I am concerned. A real piece of ****

Unregistered 4U

macrumors G4
Jul 22, 2002
The killer product ....a high end Mini... the machine many desktop users crave for .....Apple will make us wait until the new AS MBP and MB/MB Air notebook sales are pumping strong.
It's hell waiting and being teased but at the same time it's exciting to guess just how Apple will configure the updated Mini when they decide to.
It’s going to be awhile for the same reason some lower selling vehicles are harder to come by. Manufacturers are directing all possible resources to their highest sellers. If they only get 200 engines complete this week, they’re going to go in the top sellers that will leave from the dealership as soon as it arrives OR more likely, it’s already sold just waiting for delivery.

They’re not going to sacrifice even one of those potential MacBook sure sales for the Mini. Knowing that Apple thinks ahead, it’s likely that they’ve already decided not to have a low end Mini at all and, since the Pro will be slotless (my speculation), there may just be a low end ($6000) Pro Mini because of not wanting to put lower end parts in a Mini that may not sell when it could go into a MacBook that SURELY will sell.

SiriusExcelsior

macrumors regular
Dec 6, 2003
Canis Major
I'm somewhat surprised I haven't seen anything about a YouTube stream on Apple's channel that was Live a few hours before the main event, which title mentioned a Pro Mac Mini... I clicked into it (thinking the main event had somehow began early), and it was Tim Cook being interviewed by Time magazine or something, I didn't stick around, and somehow that video is no longer in my watch history..

_20211023_232300.JPG

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016

Since its invention the Mac mini has never been a high end workhorse. It will be exciting if Apple ever changes that.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
cook is a real piece of work.. A STEVE JOBS HE WILL NEVER BE ! the Keynotes are so sad and lame.. Jobs brought excitement, cook is an ibm TYPE as far I am concerned. A real piece of ****

Jobs knew that all along and knew that his qualities are perfect for the CEO role. We all know he’s not as good a salesman as Jobs was hence he doesn’t even try.

Reactions: Macbookprodude

shinkansenwarrior

macrumors regular
Sep 29, 2015
Tokyo
Since its invention the Mac mini has never been a high end workhorse. It will be exciting if Apple ever changes that.
A lot of Mac desktop users who hate AIOs have been yelling for years for a headless Mac with some real grunt. There are probably quite a few like me who owned blue G3 and grey silver G4 machines in the past with dual CPU configs who enjoyed the ease of use and upgradeability of those machines AFTER purchase. The housing made this possible like the 5.1 cheesegrater which I have now. I think the housing of the Mini would need to be tweaked to allow for the M1 pro/Max to breathe and not be throttled. Tim Cook is certainly not thinking of offering a high end mini over the upcoming large screen iMac AIO upgrade as it would obviously cannibalize sales. So with the constant emphasis on notebooks and AIO desktops, the mini seems to be the loser in the group as far as priority is concerned and one really questions how far they will allow the machine to perform without biting into the upcoming "iMacPro" or whatever they call it.

I hope I am seriously wrong .... I hope an AS 32 core GPU Mini is indeed in the works ....something that delivers the GPU power equivalent of a desktop Radeon 5700XT ++ with all that CPU power to match. That would do nicely for me.
I will eat crow if Tim delivers this by XMAS as a one more thing event....but I highly doubt it.

SFjohn

macrumors 68020
Sep 8, 2016
Was surprised to see the new MaBook Pros with HDMI 2.0. The current Apple TV box has HDMI 2.1, so how hard can it be? I’m ready to get 2 new Mac Minis, if they have HDMI 2.1. I hope I don’t have to wait another 5 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.