Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ph001bi

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2015
London
Prices in Canada are in Canadian dollars. You have to convert to US dollars before you can compare prices.

It’s amazing how many people don’t understand this.
Everyone understands this. If you just take the iPhone SE it’s priced from $399 in the States, that’s 558 CAD versus 599 CAD in Canada.
It’s not worth the effort for an iPhone SE but if you buy anything more expensive then it makes sense. Besides if you buy in Vermont there is no sales tax.
If we’re talking about non iPhone then you get the deals at Best Buy or elsewhere which aren’t available in Canada.

TVreporter

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
Prices in Canada are in Canadian dollars. You have to convert to US dollars before you can compare prices.

It’s amazing how many people don’t understand this.
LOL you think I don't know how exchange rates work? I'm quite aware of how our dollar is worth .65 to .70 cents vs the America dollar.

PickUrPoison

macrumors G3
Sep 12, 2017
Sunnyvale, CA
LOL you think I don't know how exchange rates work? I'm quite aware of how our dollar is worth .65 to .70 cents vs the America dollar.
Yeah, I don’t think you do. Aren’t you the OP who said “prices in Canada are beyond ridiculous”?

Why would you say that if you understand how FX rates work? Sometimes they work for you, sometimes against ?‍♂️

btw an SE is $3,399 in Hong Kong, that’s more ridiculous than your $599 in Canada... as in, $9 more ridiculous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.