Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

super chimp

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2008
UK
They’ve now chopped two hundred pounds off a 15 Pro 256GB on Amazon. They seem to be getting desperate to shift the 15 models on there now as they are all seeing reductions across the board. The amount of reduction seems to vary with the colour option which is a bit odd.

Joseph C

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2009
With around 70 days (give or take) or so to go until the iPhone 16 lineup is announced the thoughts are already creeping in about what to do this year about trade ins.

I'm reluctant to use MusicMagpie again as I feel they've gone to the dogs with their new grading system making it more difficult to get a decent price and any phone that's not pristinely perfect being downgraded to Good. That and the kiosk fee which I think was £30 for me last year.

MM's 'Good' price is £546 which, after the kiosk fee, would be £516 which I think is pretty pathetic for a 1TB 15 Pro in good condition.

Anyone got any thoughts or ideas their end? UR.co.uk has a good price of £863 but state "Light wear and tear acceptable – No cracks, scratches or chips visible from 30cm" so it would depend how strict they are on that. Is that visible from 30cm under a flood light or in normal ambient conditions?

I'm getting too old for all this 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: AVBeatMan

MrJM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2012
With around 70 days (give or take) or so to go until the iPhone 16 lineup is announced the thoughts are already creeping in about what to do this year about trade ins.

I'm reluctant to use MusicMagpie again as I feel they've gone to the dogs with their new grading system making it more difficult to get a decent price and any phone that's not pristinely perfect being downgraded to Good. That and the kiosk fee which I think was £30 for me last year.

MM's 'Good' price is £546 which, after the kiosk fee, would be £516 which I think is pretty pathetic for a 1TB 15 Pro in good condition.

Anyone got any thoughts or ideas their end? UR.co.uk has a good price of £863 but state "Light wear and tear acceptable – No cracks, scratches or chips visible from 30cm" so it would depend how strict they are on that. Is that visible from 30cm under a flood light or in normal ambient conditions?

I'm getting too old for all this

I used ur last year. Was a good service and paid out on time no issues!

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
People who do this, are you buying the original phone outright or settling a contract with Apple? In which order do you do things? Contemplating getting a 16 Pro and then a 17 Pro the following year if it’s a redesign. My iPhone 11 is too unbearable to wait another year.

AVBeatMan

macrumors 603
Nov 10, 2010
People who do this, are you buying the original phone outright or settling a contract with Apple? In which order do you do things? Contemplating getting a 16 Pro and then a 17 Pro the following year if it’s a redesign. My iPhone 11 is too unbearable to wait another year.

I buy outright from Apple and sell via Music Magpie. Done this now for years.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

I'm getting too old for all this 🤣
Think I will use https://www.mozillion.com/ sold a few phones with them and been such a smooth process

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.