Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ACDeag

macrumors regular
May 25, 2008
Edinburgh, UK
IDMobile now offer eSIM, they use the 3 network. Very fast 5G if you can get it. Tesco Mobile also offer esims but I don’t think they do data only or monthly rolling contracts.
I had issues with my ID Mobile sim, they replaced it twice and still wasn't working properly, switched to GiffGaff in the end. With GiffGaff I think you need a physical sim first then you can switch to esim within the app. No need to put the physical sim in anything, but it will need to be activated online

Reactions: Pezimak

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
Can anybody please help...

I got my iPad through EE and have messages set up. Does anybody know why when I send messages through my iPad, the number used is my iPhone number and not the e-sim phone number I was given by EE when I bought the iPad? Have I set up something wrong?

Aka757

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2016
Houston
Can anybody please help...

I got my iPad through EE and have messages set up. Does anybody know why when I send messages through my iPad, the number used is my iPhone number and not the e-sim phone number I was given by EE when I bought the iPad? Have I set up something wrong?
Perhaps check in settings for iMessage and see which number is being used, maybe the eSIM number is not checked?

Lustral

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2015
Southampton, UK
iPad Cellular models don’t have the ability to send or receive SMS natively. It is more than likely using your linked iMessage phone number to send out the text out or if it close by via handover.

vine-boating

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2017
iPad Cellular models don’t have the ability to send or receive SMS natively. It is more than likely using your linked iMessage phone number to send out the text out or if it close by via handover.
That's why I am confused. I am not sure if it's EE's fault or perhaps nothing is wrong?

I was given an esim with the iPad and new mobile number for the esim, however on messages on my iPad, it's showing my EE iPhone contract phone number so whenever I receive a text on my iPhone, it appears on my iPad as well. I thought that the number showing on my iPad should be the new esim number? Is there anyway I can change this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.