Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
Will watch England - Schweiz today.
See if there will be a 'sharp Swiss knife' hidden somewhere, would'nt surprise.
Lot of headlines says: 'it's not coming home' - but the englishmen might get their sh## together.
No favorites for me, just hope for a good game, with hopefully some drama 😎

Reactions: pachyderm

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Will watch England - Schweiz today.
See if there will be a 'sharp Swiss knife' hidden somewhere, would'nt surprise.
Lot of headlines says: 'it's not coming home' - but the englishmen might get their sh## together.
No favorites for me, just hope for a good game, with hopefully some drama 😎
I'm not hopeful. I'm expecting to lose to be honest.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Another nervy performance but best match they’ve had of the tournament so far. A solid and confident penalty performance too and being English, it’s not something we are used to seeing.

Is it bad that I was nervous seeing Trent step up? I should have had more faith
I was nervous for the whole match. Well done England. I just hope we sort out the left hand side from the start in the next game. We were too one sided for the first 70 odd minutes.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Fair play to Eng did not expect them to win.

Saka the one who stepped up today

All the pen takers looked cert.

Feel for Akanji but it was an awful pen. Maybe don't let a defender take the first pen unless proven.

Slowly improving performances from Eng but still look like they play on a knife edge

laptech

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2013
Earth
The final will be anyone's game because all those through to the semi-final have done so bumbling and wobbling along the way. Not one of them has shown that they deserve to win the Euro's. They have all been lacklustre, struggle to make chances and score goals.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
A couple of games aside, the quality of the Euro tournament has not been great. Conservative tactics + squads exhausted from long club seasons. There's only so much blood one can squeeze from that modern footballing turnip, but all the leagues and footballing bodies will keep twisting the screws out of pure greed.

Spain looks like the strongest team left, but there's not much separating any of the four remaining squads. France is really the best team on paper, but they're missing that creative spark that would really unleash Mbappé. Put Paul Pogba next to Kanté in that midfield and they would cook, or at least they need Griezmann to discover some form again.

The more Luke Shaw can play, the better off England will be. They finally had some balance on the left side with him on the pitch.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
A couple of games aside, the quality of the Euro tournament has not been great. Conservative tactics + squads exhausted from long club seasons. There's only so much blood one can squeeze from that modern footballing turnip, but all the leagues and footballing bodies will keep twisting the screws out of pure greed.

Spain looks like the strongest team left, but there's not much separating any of the four remaining squads. France is really the best team on paper, but they're missing that creative spark that would really unleash Mbappé. Put Paul Pogba next to Kanté in that midfield and they would cook, or at least they need Griezmann to discover some form again.

The more Luke Shaw can play, the better off England will be. They finally had some balance on the left side with him on the pitch.
Very good assessment, imho.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Spain's creativity from the wings from Nico Williams and especially from the incredibly impressive Lamine Yamal — how is that guy only 16 years old!? — have set them apart from the other teams in the tournament. I can't see either England or the Netherlands getting past them.

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Having Rodri makes them almost unfair to play against. You'd need pace and movement, which England don't use...ever.

pachyderm

macrumors G4
Jan 12, 2008
Smyrna, TN
Spain's creativity from the wings from Nico Williams and especially from the incredibly impressive Lamine Yamal — how is that guy only 16 years old!? — have set them apart from the other teams in the tournament. I can't see either England or the Netherlands getting past them.
They won't.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I didn’t know that if you get 2 yellow cards (not even in same match), you’re out next match in the European Women’s Football's qualification.

Might be risky, but our coach is not resting any of those who have a yellow card earlier in the EURO against France on Friday. We need a win and have the best team possible, we're already missing some players, and If we don’t win this, it’s the end of the Euro anyway. We need a win against France!

Will watch the last game in Men’s EURO that I can see for free tonight on our national channel - England - Netherlands.
Then my attention goes to the Women’s games.

timber

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2006
Lisbon
If Spain wins this they will be fair winners.

And if that happens it will end in a sort of heartbreak, either England loses a second final in a row or the Netherlands lose another final to Spain.

But in just one game anything can happen and everyone can dream.

Lioness~

macrumors 68040
Apr 26, 2017
Sweden
I believe a bit more on Netherland...their coach is just smiling.
While Southgate nervously chewing his gum.

And there 1 goal came while I started to write this.

• Haha
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.