Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kendootlibero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2024
Greetings,

I recently bought an iPod mini 2nd gen and I was surpised how much I'm using it, and I decided to to an upgrade by flashmodding it.
I bought an iFlash SD to CF adapter and a 256GB Samsung Evo Plus sd card to pair it. I already tried to put it into the ipod blind but it didn't work because I got a restore loop.
I bought a CF to USB adapter from aliexpress and I noticied that when I look at it with a partiton manager I see only 128GB for some reason, what could the problem be?

iHorseHead

macrumors 68000
Jan 1, 2021
Hi!
It maxes out at 128GB of storage. The iPod mini only sees 128gb as max as far as I know.

kendootlibero

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2024
Hi!
It maxes out at 128GB of storage. The iPod mini only sees 128gb as max as far as I know.
Hey, thanks for your answer!

The only problem is that I find it kinda Weird, I've seen 2nd gen ipod minis on ebay or youtube with 256GB of space, the 1st gens were the limit
also in this moment the ipod isn't really in the question, I've bought an adapter and connected the iflash thing directly to the pc

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.