Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

dannyyankou

macrumors G5
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
When I got my new 14 inch M3 Pro MBP last week, I immediately updated to Sequoia. So I can only compare it to my 2019 Intel MBP, but battery life has been phenomenal. I could be using it for 2 hours and it would still be over 90%. Not sure how that compares to Sonoma, but it’s a testament to Apple Silicon.

• Love
Reactions: HuNay

P_Watt

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2018
Getting strange message when syncing to my wife's ipad on USB (various reasons why shared library is not an option)
Says I need to have my Mac as full download, even though it is.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 09.02.15.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 09.02.15.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 09.03.46.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 09.03.46.png
    256.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 08.56.50.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 08.56.50.jpeg
    173.3 KB · Views: 27

aracewell

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2022
Teams can only share Teams windows, it won't let me share other windows.
This worked for me (courtesy of Reddit link)

The Solution: While you are in a Teams meeting and click on the sharing menu (you are not sharing your screen, you are just in the menu) you´ll see the greyed screens. Go to Setttings --> Privacy & Security --> Screen Recording...and turn OFF Teams permission. If prompted to close and restart the Teams App, click on it. Teams will restart. Go back to the Teams meeting, click on the sharing menu (remember, you are not sharing your screen, you are just in the menu) and you´ll see no screens are available (remember, no permission). Go to Setttings --> Privacy & Security --> Screen Recording...and turn ON Teams. If prompted to close and restart the App, click on LATER. If you now close the sharing menu in Teams and right after, you click on it again, you´ll see your Screen(s) are NOT greyed anymore and you can start sharing as expected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOSBeta/comments/1de6veq

vysecurity

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2021
This worked for me (courtesy of Reddit link)

The Solution: While you are in a Teams meeting and click on the sharing menu (you are not sharing your screen, you are just in the menu) you´ll see the greyed screens. Go to Setttings --> Privacy & Security --> Screen Recording...and turn OFF Teams permission. If prompted to close and restart the Teams App, click on it. Teams will restart. Go back to the Teams meeting, click on the sharing menu (remember, you are not sharing your screen, you are just in the menu) and you´ll see no screens are available (remember, no permission). Go to Setttings --> Privacy & Security --> Screen Recording...and turn ON Teams. If prompted to close and restart the App, click on LATER. If you now close the sharing menu in Teams and right after, you click on it again, you´ll see your Screen(s) are NOT greyed anymore and you can start sharing as expected.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MacOSBeta/comments/1de6veq
Awesome! Thank you man. Now just to fix the preview bug. I think it may be related to previewing files saved from Mail. Just a hunch.

Reactions: aracewell

zencowboy

macrumors member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
Notifications try to come in on top right "hot corner" but disappears fast and no hot corners work. Image I had for desktop screen is gone and blue instead.

adrianlondon

macrumors 603
Nov 28, 2013
Switzerland
Notifications try to come in on top right "hot corner" but disappears fast and no hot corners work. Image I had for desktop screen is gone and blue instead.
My "hot corner" (sleep; top right) works as usual, but yes the notifications can be really fast.

I also get notifications coming in from my phone, so I suspect there are some bugs in notifications that have been introduced due to this.

A separate bug is that it's currently impossible to NOT have the system lock as soon as the display goes to sleep. Any attempt to change the timeout from "immediate" fails. It's been reported here by others and I've logged a Feedback.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.