Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mango316

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
I had this issue as well on 12.9 OLED on Beats 1 but gotten better on Beta 2. Hopefully Beta 3 gets released today to fix all these issues.

DGGoingUphill

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
Made it five days on beta 2, now stuck in a boot loop. Don’t have a machine with me to do DTFU, so off to the genius tomorrow.

filipinothor

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2024
For me it just started with the Beta 2. IPad Pro become unresponsive for a couple minutes and no buttons are working , including the power button. Will investigate
Any updates? I updated to beta 2, came back from the gym and now it won’t boot up. Plugged in to my laptop, it registers but says battery is either low or dead

paul117

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
trying to update to beta 3 now but it keeps filling up the system data storage before the update can finish...
used my m1 macbook pro to do the update manually after downloading the ipsw file, update has just completed and system data usage is still sitting at 94GB now, waiting to see if any issues continue.

Last edited:

paul117

macrumors regular
Feb 17, 2012
so, few hours later the System Data is using 94GB quickly climbing until my ipad reboots.... identical to beta 2, this morning i managed to get a backup to icloud of my ipad before one of its reboots so im going to try restoring iPadOS 18 beta 3 and see if that solves anything

yabeweb

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 25, 2021
so, few hours later the System Data is using 94GB quickly climbing until my ipad reboots.... identical to beta 2, this morning i managed to get a backup to icloud of my ipad before one of its reboots so im going to try restoring iPadOS 18 beta 3 and see if that solves anything
Sorry to hear that, I started this thread and I will tell you what fixed it for me.

after the impossible to use beta one experience, I restored to iPad 17, I did not restore data and then updated to iPadOs 18 once again.

that did it for me, beta one was usable without the freezing issue and beta 2 and 3 keep chugging along without the issue.

Yes not a great solution but it worked.

DGGoingUphill

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2015
Sorry to hear that, I started this thread and I will tell you what fixed it for me.

after the impossible to use beta one experience, I restored to iPad 17, I did not restore data and then updated to iPadOs 18 once again.

that did it for me, beta one was usable without the freezing issue and beta 2 and 3 keep chugging along without the issue.

Yes not a great solution but it worked.
Same here.

timemaker27

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2024
In my case all the problems were caused by turning on Stage Manager. At some point touch screen wasn't even responding to restart the device. Try to turn Stage Manager off

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.