Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AirpodsNow

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 15, 2017
I just was given the iPad mini 5 and notice battery gets very warm when charging and it drain rather quickly, then got it replaced thinking the battery is end of life (600+ cycles). But the issue sort of remains. The repair shop also checked the logic board and there wasn’t any leaking and replace the Battery again just to be safe.

When googling i stumble upon this https://www.gottabemobile.com/ipados-17-5-issues-ipad/. Anyone else having similar issues since the latest iOS? Reading it like this, it seems it was better before this release? Or is it’s just iPadOS 17 in general.

IJBrekke

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2009
Long Beach, CA
No battery drain or heat issues to report on my Mini 5, but overall, iOS17 hasn’t run very smoothly on it. Compared to iOS16, 17 seems more RAM-intensive. My Mini 5 has been acting less and less smooth since the switchover.

Reactions: AirpodsNow

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
I don't have a Mini 5 but both my mom and I have big standby battery drain issues on all our iPhones and iPads running 17.5.1.

Note, if I enable Airplane Mode and have wifi turned off, the standby battery drain issue goes away.

Reactions: AirpodsNow

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I don't have a Mini 5 but both my mom and I have big standby battery drain issues on all our iPhones and iPads running 17.5.1.

Note, if I enable Airplane Mode and have wifi turned off, the standby battery drain issue goes away.

Was 17.4.1 better in that regard?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.