Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Tomas1988

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2022
Lithuania
who needs the 17.6 version at all.. neither any corrections no new functions.. just the numbers are different.. it is known that it will work like 17.5.1 because it is really the same here

iFone88

macrumors 68020
Oct 5, 2018
First beta I've installed in while. Finding it quite stuttery compared to 17.5.1. Sometimes when scrolling feels as if I have a 60hz screen.

Also noticed notes widgets say 'note' or 'folder' 'no longer available'

Reactions: Populus

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
Once a new major version is available, in this case iOS 18 DB 1 and DB 2, for those on previous versions, it's best to just install the next non-beta update, iOS 17.6 non-beta if you are into stability and less bugs... But if you feel like being adventurous, join iOS 18 DB updates...

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
who needs the 17.6 version at all.. neither any corrections no new functions.. just the numbers are different.. it is known that it will work like 17.5.1 because it is really the same here
Sometimes corrections such as bug fixes and especially security updates can cause issues so I think it's great that they do test it out properly before its carried out.
But I guess its a balance too, you don't wanna wait to long to release security updates but still want things to work as they should.

ShaneSparkyYYZ

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Have had 17.6 beta 2 on my iPhone 15 Pro for 6 days now. Had notification sound bugs after installing with the Messages app. Force rebooted and fixed.

Overall, battery life I find is better than 17.5.1 for me.

Reactions: Reverend Benny
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.