Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipacers

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Portland, OR
I actually have 2 but 1 of them is never used for anything
Yeah but are you logged into both of them at once on the same device? For example, I have one Apple ID for iCloud and another one that I'm logged into the App Store with as well as Apple Music and TV.

BugeyeSTI

macrumors 604
Aug 19, 2017
Arizona/Illinois
Yeah but are you logged into both of them at once on the same device? For example, I have one Apple ID for iCloud and another one that I'm logged into the App Store with as well as Apple Music and TV.
No. I've only logged into the one I don't use a few times over 7 years

Ready-for-Apple

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Germany
I have the same problem. I have two Apple IDs (one is my iCloud one, the other is for the App Store, Apple Music etc.), and the profile picture in the App Store disappeared with iOS 17. It still shows up on the Mac App Store in Sonoma. It only seems to affect users who have separate Apple IDs for iCloud and Media/Purchases.
Same usage and issue on my devices. I was already wondering.

Are you sure this came with ioS 17? Because I think I only got it from iOS 17.3 onwards

ipacers

macrumors member
Aug 24, 2009
Portland, OR
Same usage and issue on my devices. I was already wondering.

Are you sure this came with ioS 17? Because I think I only got it from iOS 17.3 onwards
I first noticed this with iOS 17. And as I was updating my devices, I can see that the ones still on 16.x would show the profile picture which would disappear once they were updated.

Reactions: Ready-for-Apple
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.