Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
Remote lacks number keys, so you can't just enter in the channel number you want without first bringing up a virtual numpad in the EE TV app

A virtual keyboard on another Apple device doesn't work?

scgf

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2003
Market Harborough, UK
I tried this box out in an EE store. I found it very frustrating that there is no 'back' button on the remote. You click on something and there's no way out, other than going all the way back to 'Menu' or 'Home' - unless I've missed something.

The big problem with IPTV is that adverts cannot be skipped. I use a Sofabaton X1S remote and have programmed a macro to skip ad breaks. It does 4 x 1 minute jumps forward and I have allocated it to a button on the remote. To have to sit through four minutes of advertising every 15 minutes would do my head in!

Last edited:

dallardice

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
How is this for changing channels on live TV? For example from BBC1 to ITV, which on most streamers would require exiting BBC iPlayer and going into ITVX? That is my main inhibitor for going full IPTV at the moment, as there are other people in the house find this clumsy and difficult to grasp...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.