Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryo

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2021
I have a 13 pro max now. I would probably step down to the pro. The pro max size isn’t horrible, but I’m just over it. While a bigger screen is nice the cons of being cumbersome to use with one hand has me wanting to go back to the normal size.

Juk3s

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2015
I go back and forth on this a lot. Currently have a 13P. I love the size for getting out of pocket and doing one handed input. However I do watch a lot of movies/shows on my phone since it has a beautiful display. I also wouldn't mind some better battery. Very indecisive.

Reactions: 42545

landonalder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 14, 2022
No, both are rumored to increase in size.

16 pro is rumored to be 6.3" instead of the current 6.1"

Reactions: valinda

winxmac

macrumors 65816
Sep 1, 2021
If both the Pro and Pro Max have the same camera like 11 Pro and 11 Pro Max, 13 Pro and 13 Pro Max, 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max, go with the Pro for the compact size and easy handling but go with the Pro Max for bigger screen and bigger battery...

I would go with the Pro if I were to upgrade, since I switched from iPhone 14 Pro Max to iPhone 13 Pro, a downgrade, I know...

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I bought 15 pro because it is the smallest and lightest. It is 187gr and much better than 240gr of 14PM.

But I didn’t realize how much bulk is added by glass and case. Torras screen protector 14gr, silicone case 28gr.

Now my 15 pro weighs 229gr or equal in weight to bare bones 15PM.

So there is that - i could probably could handle PM but it needs to be no case and no glass.
Same for me - fine w PM no case other wise to large and heavy!

Reactions: ctjack

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Yeah, I hear that argument… just doesn’t hold water for me. You’ve got (a) the hassle of applying the protector; (b) the ugliness of the protector itself (subjective HOW ugly it is but I’ve never seen one look as good as naked); (c) the cost of the protector.

My solution is, I have AppleCare+. Yeah, it won’t cover a small scratch but heck, even if I crack the screen 😉 it’s only $4 more than your screen protector to fix, good as new!
The 15 promax battery is really not that much better than the pro right now I’ve had both the images from the promax I think are worse. I honestly think the better plus look better. It’s funny how people get so caught up in the camera.

CJM

macrumors 68000
May 7, 2005
U.K.
So back in the day, iPhone’s screen was not so shatterproof but it was actually scratch resistant. Those screens (iphone 11 and lower or maybe 12) do not have deep scratches.

Lately they “improved” shatterproof parameter by “2-3x” since iPhone 12-13, and now they lack scratch resistance. Our 13 and 14 pro maxes caught scratch on day 3 in the pocket. It is annoying because it can be seen under all light conditions and can be touched with fingers.

If all people had applecare+, i doubt anyone would use protection. But that is a 200 add-on, which not everyone can justify. I never had a broken/shattered phone to get use of applecare, but the last 2 iphones (13pm,14pm) had deep scratches which are not eligible for applecare repair anyways.
Is this true? That scratch resistance is down? My iPhone 11 at five years old is scratch free without a protector. I’m hoping to continue that trend.

HuNay

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2023
I find the Pro Max a tad small... Like, I’m tall and wouldn’t say my hands are HUGE, but 6.9” sounds like the perfect size phone to wield.

caiss

macrumors newbie
Jun 10, 2024
I will maybe Go with the 16 Pro,
I have an IPad for a bigger screen, and it fits much better in my Pocket.
I Hope that it will get the Same 24mm Cam / Sony 903 Sensor than the Max.

Otherwise it would be for the third time the same Sensor Like the 14 Pro and I will Not pay for this old technique again for using it in 2025.

Apple, did you See what vivo and Xiaomi are offering ?
Do Not let the 16 Camera look outdated, please! 🥺

I do Not See Any improvement with 120mm Tele instead of 77mm, it is just a different.
I would prefer 85mm with a 50 or 200 mp Sensor for croping Like Vivo, it is much better than Both what using Apple is using now with 77/120mm.

Jack25

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Have a 15 PM at the moment but with the size increase this year, along with the fact that I've just bought a 13 inch iPad Pro, I'll probably downgrade to the standard Pro for my phone. The added screen estate was purely for watching content on, but I can just do that on the iPad now.

Reactions: yaboid01
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.