macOS 15 Sequoia Beta Fun

armwt

Ars Legatus Legionis
Pretty random, but I've been chasing an issue that I realized MAY be a Sequoia issue. If anyone has their Mac connected to an airplay audio system, can you try enabling/disabling the equalizer and tell me if it does anything? I added a WiiM to my audio mix about the same time that I installed the beta, and I've been blaming the WiiM for the EQ doing nothing but realized it might just be the Beta itself.

EQ in the WiiM app itself works perfectly, but my EQ settings in the Music app are ignored, no matter what else I try.

ant1pathy

Ars Tribunus Angusticlavius
Appreciate that Bonusround. I could have sworn that it was working previously, but like I said - changed up my system a bit at the same time that I upgraded to the beta. FWIW, I'm also not seeing any difference at all when listening via AirPods, or a cheap USB-C <> RCA adapter.
I would expect not. EQ would (should?) be applied in software on a per-transducer basis. If you want to permanently EQ the song itself, better to set that at the file level rather than metadata on top (which should be more like "set not EQ when going to X destination, EQ 1 when going to Y, EQ 2 when going to Z..." kind of thing).

Bonusround

Ars Scholae Palatinae
Subscriptor
Appreciate that Bonusround. I could have sworn that it was working previously, but like I said - changed up my system a bit at the same time that I upgraded to the beta. FWIW, I'm also not seeing any difference at all when listening via AirPods, or a cheap USB-C <> RCA adapter.
I think there’s some bugginess in Music. While quickly testing I could hear the EQ working on audio output over the MBP’s internal speakers, then I switched to testing Airplay, and upon returning to internal speakers the EQ had no effect.

Reactions: armwt

dspariI

Smack-Fu Master, in training
Pretty random, but I've been chasing an issue that I realized MAY be a Sequoia issue. If anyone has their Mac connected to an airplay audio system, can you try enabling/disabling the equalizer and tell me if it does anything? I added a WiiM to my audio mix about the same time that I installed the beta, and I've been blaming the WiiM for the EQ doing nothing but realized it might just be the Beta itself.

EQ in the WiiM app itself works perfectly, but my EQ settings in the Music app are ignored, no matter what else I try.
I think this is a bug in Music that's probably not related to the beta. I have a similar non-beta problem with Bluetooth headphones where the EQ window stops having an effect until Music is restarted.

9600man

Ars Legatus Legionis
I installed the public beta today. I knew there was Metal 3 updates for games.

What was surprising I saw slightly faster blender cycles render performance. 5.5% gain for barbershop; 10% gain in classroom, on my M2 Max which doesn’t have ray trace hardware.

I wonder if there’s more performance gains for M3 Pro/Max users which can access hardware ray trace.