• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the current Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Question Is Plesk ending SE partnership with Digital ocean?

sulabhpuri

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Linx
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk SE
We got a message that in 2 months Plesk SE will shut down services with Digital ocean, unless one pays and buys full version. Why is this happening as most are already paying a high premium to Digital ocean for its service.

Can you please tell me which other service we can goto where there is a free Plesk deal like: Vultr, AWS or any other.

As we do see some others are giving free Cpanel. So premium over premium does not make sense to us.

Unless there is a way Plesk Web Admin SE stays free on Digital Ocean.

The Plesk Web Admin SE edition is being discontinued across all providers (DigitalOcean, AWS and Vultr). On existing servers the Web Admin SE edition can be used till Augustus 30st this year when it will be fully discontinued.

That is very sad! Users are already paying a high premium to places like DO, they recently increased prices and now this extra burden of purchasing PLESK is also going to happen. I think Plesk and DO should find a middle way out.

Why doesn't Vultr aloow me to upgrade to Plesk Web Admin (not the free SE that is discontinued)? I only can upgrade to pro. It's a shame, I manage only 1 domain and I don't care about reselling.

Not a fan of SE being discontinued. I only manage 1 domain and it would be really silly to spend that much more per month just for that.

I'm disappointed that SE is being discontinued. I only manage one domain, so paying significantly more per month for it wouldn't make sense. I will never use a Pleak product again in the future.

I brought many of our clients to DO, and we took servers at DO because of Plesk SE. They have one domain, and now they need to pay more for a Plesk licence than for the server. That's ridiculous; nobody can tell me this "action" is unplanned. It's crazy that your licence costs $16$ and a 2GB VPS server costs $10$, 12$ with backup.

@Kaspar@Plesk, you hustled my team, tricking our and many other clients. You will gain some money in the short run but never get a new customer from our company.

Best regards,

This move was expected..Both Plesk and cPanel are now majority owned by the same investment company, Oakley Capitals.

I found a solution for those interested in a free panel, CloudPanel ..can be easily installed in DO.

Thank you, @mrcx; I will test and use it with my team if we have the features we need. This forum does not allow me to reply to your message :oops:. Hello Pleskians.. it's 2024

Thank you, @mrcx; I will test and use it with my team if we have the features we need. This forum does not allow me to reply to your message :oops:. Hello Pleskians.. it's 2024
Another alternative is HestiaCP if you need email. I haven't tested it personally, but many people suggested it in my Reddit post.

Is it too difficult to "get out" of Plesk? I mean, I feel tricked by DO+Plesk too; I never imagined they would do this to us. In the worst-case scenario where the client doesn't pay for the license (I'm pretty sure he won't), I will still have SSH access to the server. However, things like Let's Encrypt auto-renewal will surely fail. What options do we have? Will migrating to another server be our only option?

If you access to ssh Let's Encrypt can be installed with command line How To Secure Nginx with Let's Encrypt on Ubuntu 20.04 | DigitalOcean
Is it too difficult to "get out" of Plesk? I mean, I feel tricked by DO+Plesk too; I never imagined they would do this to us. In the worst-case scenario where the client doesn't pay for the license (I'm pretty sure he won't), I will still have SSH access to the server. However, things like Let's Encrypt auto-renewal will surely fail. What options do we have? Will migrating to another server be our only option?

If you access to ssh Let's Encrypt can be installed with command line How To Secure Nginx with Let's Encrypt on Ubuntu 20.04 | DigitalOcean
Thx @mrcx ! What other issues would imply losing access to plesk and manage the server only with ssh? I'm afraid of problems with blacklisted IPs by the waf, conflicts between plesk let's encrypt settings vs what I will be able to do manually, upgrades to php. I've managed droplets without panels in the past, but I don't know how much I would be able to do in a server with a cancelled plesk license

I don't know how the services will function after the Plesk license expires.

At first, I used Ubuntu with WordPress and phpMyAdmin, but that needed to be handled with the command line, and I don't have time for that. In the end, I switched to CloudPanel, and that offers me everything I want. You can take a look at the demo here: CloudPanel | Sites

The only drawback is that it doesn't offer email, but this can be easily resolved with services like Zoho Mail or Cloudflare Email Routing. Another alternative is HestiaCP with email direct in control panel.

Thx again @mrcx! Did you move your site from plesk to another server with cloudpanel or did you manage to "uninstall" plesk and install cloudpanel in the same server? It looks clean, I don't see a one click wordpress installer, but I can easily install wp-cli to do all that.

I created a new droplet and installed CloudPanel directly. After that, I added the sites in CloudPanel, installed WordPress, and migrated with the All-in-One WP Migration plugin.

WordPress can be installed easily with one click. Check out the demo under: Sites - Add New Sites, and you will find a tab for WordPress.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 19-28-04 CloudPanel New Site.png
    Screenshot 2024-07-05 at 19-28-04 CloudPanel New Site.png
    174.6 KB · Views: 2
Thank you! I noticed that they have cloud panel 1 and 2 in their market place too. I will check the video too, thx so much
I created a new droplet and installed CloudPanel directly. After that, I added the sites in CloudPanel, installed WordPress, and migrated with the All-in-One WP Migration plugin.

WordPress can be installed easily with one click. Check out the demo under: Sites - Add New Sites, and you will find a tab for WordPress.

Back