GKE Console UI is missing mode (Autopilot vs Standard) + GKE Console bug

I understand Autopilot has been the default mode for new GKE clusters for sometime now. I do not see the mode column in the GKE Clusters Info dashboard. Does it appear only for Standard clusters?

Unfortunately the only way to find out whether the cluster is provisioned in Autopilot mode or Standard mode is to use the Cluster drop down  as shown in the screenshots below. I filtered metrics for past 1 week and I see that there is no data available in Autopilot mode which makes me think that these are standard clusters. Also there is a defect in displaying the relevant clusters (Autopilot or Standard mode). The cluster info table does not refresh when i toggle between Standard and Autopilot and it still shows the same 2 clusters in both modes (Cluster cannot be in Autopilot mode and Standard mode at the same time I would imagine)

Screenshot 2024-06-30 at 10.34.03 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-30 at 10.33.49 AM.png 

1 2 72
2 REPLIES 2

I think I looked into the "mode" field in the display list and it only shows if you actually have both Autopilot and standard clusters.   Feel free to file any bugs / feature requests on this one.

Thanks for the reply @garisingh . That is a defect for sure. Can you please share the issues list to file defect / feature request @garisingh thanks in advance?

Top Labels in this Space
Top Solution Authors